Executive Assistant and Board Secretary – Not for Profit organization.
Marberg Job #1162.
Job Type: Temporary, initial term to approximately mid October, 2021.
Work Hours: Standard work week of 9 am to 4:30 pm, with 3/4 hour unpaid lunch break; 33.75 hours per week, not including periodic evening hours or early morning hours related to Board meetings.
Work Location: Both Remote and Onsite at Client’s Newmarket Office, transitioning to primarily Onsite later in the assignment.
Compensation: $38-$49/hr, according to experience.
- To provide Executive level support to 1 – 2 members of the Executive Team, Board of Directors and Board Committees.
- To provide excellent, professional representation of the organization to internal and external stakeholders.
- To manage calendars, schedule appointments, resolve meeting conflicts and coordinate travel.
- To book onsite and online meeting rooms and make meeting arrangements including A/V and catering as required.
- To attend and minute regular management meetings, Board meetings and Board Committee meetings.
- To prepare and distribute meeting materials.
- To draft meeting minutes (high level summaries of proceedings and action items) for approval and distribution, and to follow up on action items.
- To be the primary point of contact for the Executive Office, addressing and responding to a wide range of inquiries and requests in accordance with organization policy.
- To handle confidential correspondence on behalf of the Executive Office and the Board.
- To produce, format, distribute and maintain a variety of documents from verbal and written instructions, using MSOffice (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Adobe Acrobat and Sharepoint.
- To participate actively in Senior Management Meetings, keeping the Executive Team informed of current and pending issues, and bringing forward items needing immediate attention.
- Additional administrative and coordinative responsibilities as required.
- Post Secondary Degree or Diploma in Business or relevant discipline.
- 5+ years of applicable experience supporting a Board of Directors.
- 10+ years of applicable experience supporting an Executive Team.
- Strong minute taking skills and experience.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook), Adobe Acrobat and SharePoint (will be tested).
- Fast and accurate typing speed (will be tested).
- Perfect spelling, grammar, proofreading (will be tested).
- Proven ability to professionally handle confidential information.
- Proven ability to respond to sensitive matters with tact, discretion, and excellent judgement. Demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the organization.
- Advanced organizational, coordinative and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize work effectively for self and others, meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work well both independently and collaboratively as part of a team and liaise effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated successful experience of prioritizing work, making decisions and communicating with others within a values framework of respect, equity, diversity and inclusivity.
- Ability to work both remotely and onsite as required.
- Ability to accomodate the early morning or evening shift requirements as required.
- Satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Clearance check, Education Verification and Employment References.
- Satisfactory COVID Clearance and completion of Ontario government provided Health and Safety and AODA online courses.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Job ID: 1162
Location: Canada Ontario Newmarket
Category: Administrative, Not for Profit
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 38
Date Updated 06/01/2021