Eligibility Assessment Officers – Provincial Government – 20 Positions
Job Type: Temporary, initial term to July 16, 2021.
Start Date: Monday April 19, 2021.
Hours: FT Hours during Regular Business Hours, with possible additional Evening and Weekend and Worked Statutory Holiday Overtime Hours.
Work Location: Remote.
Work Equipment: You will need your own Computer and Internet Access.
Compensation: $22-25/hour, according to experience.
- To review high volume of electronic commercial business applications and determine eligibility for funding.
- To review, analyze and evaluate written summaries and financial information against provided eligibility criteria.
- To code and enter summarized application information into database.
- To identify and flag any potential issues or concerns.
- To summarize eligibility findings and make written recommendations for review by senior team members.
- To contact Applicants to clarify or request additional information as required, by phone or email.
- To professionally handle and record confidential application information into a secure electronic system.
- To accurately, methodically and professionally process a high volume of applications to tight deadlines.
- To liaise with other team members and participate in Microsoft Teams video conferences and training sessions as required.
- Additional related responsibilities as assigned.
- Post Secondary Degree or Diploma in Business or related discipline.
- Experience with application documents review and processing, e.g. Claims Applications, Grants Applications, Loans Applications, etc.
- Familiarity with reviewing written summaries and financial information against provided eligibility criteria.
- Proven experience working in a high volume, confidential documents review/processing environment, ideally from a public sector employer or financial services/banking employer.
- Fast and accurate data entry skills (will be tested).
- Excellent business writing skills (will be tested)
- Clear, professional verbal communication and telephone manners.
- Friendly and customer service oriented; comfortable interacting with the general public.
- Proven ability to work well both independently and as part of a team, to meet tight deadline and high volume targets.
- Methodical, careful approach to work and superior attention to detail.
- Track record of reliability and ability to handle confidential information professionally.
- No scheduled time off for at least 4 months.
- Ability to start immediately.
- Ability to work additional overtime hours (evenings, weekends, statutory holidays) at short notice.
- Satisfactory CPIC criminal background check and employment references.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Job ID: 1128
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Clerical, Government
Number Of Positions 20
Pay Rate 22
Date Updated 04/15/2021