EDI Coordinator (Equity-Diversity-Inclusion) for government agency client in downtown Toronto.
Marberg Job Number: 1914
Job Type: Temporary
Initial Term: 8 months with possible extension
Compensation Range: $35 per hour to $49 per hour according to experience.
Regular Work Hours: 7.25 work hours per day, not including unpaid .75 hour lunch break, to be worked during regular business hours, Monday to Friday (36.25 work hours per week).
Work Location: Hybrid – currently largely remote, with occasional onsite work at client’s downtown office, near TTC station.
The EDI Coordinator will provide support to Diversity & Inclusion projects and initiatives.
- Support Diversity committees & HR by managing communication, preparing training materials, preparing agenda and taking minutes, facilitate or co-facilitate committee subgroups.
- Execute Diversity program implementation tasks in coordination with internal and external stakeholders.
- Create and maintain project calendar of events.
- Organize and schedule training and logistics.
- Track completion of training by staff and prepare certificates as necessary.
- Create and develop marketing tools for education sessions and events.
- Perform data analysis to support reporting and statistics.
- Additional EDI research, project support and coordinative responsibilities as assigned.
Education: Post Secondary Degree or Diploma in a relevant field of study
Preferred Work Experience: At least 1+ years of direct EDI experience within a pertinent Administrative, Research or HR related position.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Must be skilled with MSOffice software and project management software.
- Familiar with HRIS systems.
- Advanced English communication skills, both written and verbal, including strong business writing skills.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Proven research skills, with ability to summarize and present findings and recommendations
- Experienced in project management support
- Proven time management skills, and ability to work to deadlines
- Organized, professional with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated successful experience of prioritizing work, making decisions and communicating with others within a values framework of respect, equity, anti-racism, diversity and inclusivity.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment responsibilities.
- Ability to work both remotely and onsite, abiding by organizational health and safety policies.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Satisfactory Background Checks and Employment References.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Please note that Marberg Staffing only accepts applications through Indeed.ca, LinkedIn and marberg.com.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 1914
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Administrative, Government
Salary: Hourly Rate
Hourly Rate: 35+
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 35
Date Updated 08/03/2023