Documents Review Coordinator for government ministry client, Midtown Toronto.
Marberg Job Number: 2116.
Job Type: Temporary.
Initial Term: ASAP for approximately 5 months.
Compensation: $28 per hour.
Recommended Application Date: Immediately – please note that we are screening and shortlisting Candidates immediately and qualified applications may be contacted same day as date of application.
Regular Work Hours: FULL TIME WORK HOURS – 7.25 work hours per day, not including unpaid .75 hour lunch break, to be worked during regular business hours, Monday to Friday (36.25 work hours per week).
Work Location: 100% onsite at Client’s Midtown office, near TTC station.
Provide administrative support to ministry in service of records management project.
- Organize electronic database of archived records. Finalize write-ups of historic documents.
- Review updated documents for AODA compliance.
- Manage electronic documents and outstanding file submissions by manipulating tracking spreadsheet in Excel (e.g., extracting data using pivot tables, entering and updating information in tracker).
- Utilize mail-merge techniques and develop email templates to streamline outreach to proponents, following-up on submission status.
- Additional administrative and records management responsibilities as required.
Education: Post Secondary Degree or Diploma in related discipline, or applicable combination of work experience and education.
Preferred Work Experience: Approximately 1-2+ years of administrative and records management experience in a professional office environment.
Preferred Sector Experience: Public Sector experience preferred.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Advanced proficiency in MSOffice software such as Word, Outlook, and Excel, including use of pivot tables to extract data (will be tested).
- Proficient English communication skills, both written and verbal, including strong business writing skills and excellent spelling, grammar, proofreading and syntax.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Knowledge and understanding of OPS organizational structure/programs, government records management principles, directives, policies, guidelines, and practices, including the development of a branch file plan, and information storage/retrieval techniques.
- Punctual, responsible, and reliable. Demonstrated record of professional conduct.
- Focused and able to work effectively with minimal direction and supervision, to prioritize tasks effectively, and to manage volume targets and due dates.
- Pleasant and courteous: demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the organization.
- Proven ability to professionally handle confidential information and exercise good judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Superior attention to detail, and organized, methodical approach to completion of tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to work well both independently and collaboratively, and liaise effectively with a wide and diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated successful experience of prioritizing work, making decisions and communicating with others within a values framework of respect, equity, anti-racism, diversity and inclusivity.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work 100% onsite, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment responsibilities prior to assignment start.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Satisfactory Background Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations, and Employment References as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Please note that Marberg Staffing only accepts applications through Indeed.ca, LinkedIn and marberg.com.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 2116
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Administrative, Clerical, Government
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 28
Date Updated 10/30/2023