Disability Management Specialist required for public sector employer.
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Hours: Regular Business Hours
Compensation: $65K-$75K + benefits
- Coordinate and manage absences within organization due to major illness and injury, ensuring compliance with appropriate documentation standards and working with related departments to develop reasonable return to work and accommodation plans.
- Integrate strong awareness of organizational and legislative policies related to disability and accommodation, ensuring compliance with human rights requirements.
- Consult with relevant stakeholders (ie. employee, supervisor, union representative, medical care providers) on ergonomic assessments and functional abilities as it relates to limitations in fulfilling workplace duties.
- Ensure continual adherence with accommodation process following return to work in coordination with direct supervisor and other relevant team members.
- Complete relevant administrative and communications duties to ensure proper case management, liaising with all stakeholders and maintaining pristine, confidential documentation.
- Track and report broader trends related to absence and disability to better organizational practice.
- Provide input on development of appropriate policies and practices to improve navigation of disability and absence while ensuring compliance with legislation.
- Completion of, or in the process of completing, designation in a health or related profession.
- 5+ years of disability management experience in a unionized environment.
- Experience conducting screenings, interpreting medical reports and using other relevant information to develop recommendations and work plans.
- Strong knowledge of legislative standards as it relates to disability and working conditions.
- Continual commitment to professional growth and awareness of relevant changes to legislation and practice to ensure safe, equitable and fair practices for employees and employers.
- Excellent interpersonal and advocacy skills to liaise between organizational leaders and impacted staff.
- Strong organizational, documentation and administration skills to maintain confidentiality and meet reporting standards.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Job ID: 840
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Government, Human Resources
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 65000
Date Updated 07/08/2020