Data Entry Coordinator for large charitable organization client, mid-town Toronto.
Excellent opportunity to gain not-for-profit organization work experience.
Marberg Job Number: 1764.
Job Type: Temporary.
Initial Term: October 31, 2022 to January 6, 2023.
Compensation: $18.50 per hour
Recommended Application Date: Immediately – please note that we are screening and shortlisting Candidates immediately and qualified applications may be contacted same day as date of application.
Regular Work Hours: 7.5 work hours per day, not including unpaid lunch break, to be worked during regular business hours, Monday to Friday (37.5 work hours per week).
Work Location: 100% onsite at Client’s mid town Toronto head office, at TTC station.
Provide clerical and data entry services for organization’s donations processing team, updating donor and payment information in Raiser’s Edge database.
- Create and update donor records, proofing and reviewing information for completeness and accuracy.
- Process cheques received through the mail, including verifying, importing, keying, reconciling and exporting information as required, as well as handling and recording returned items.
- Process payment batches for credit card and pre-authorized debit payments and export files to financial institutions for processing. Resolve any failed transactions in a timely manner.
- Assist with simple database queries and exports.
- Additional clerical processing, data entry and office support responsibilities, including acting as administrative back-up to other team members.
Education: High school Diploma.
Preferred Work Experience: Approximately 1+ years of previous clerical and data entry work experience from a work, volunteer or school setting.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- General proficiency in MS Office, with strong proficiency in Excel (will be tested).
- Superior data entry skills (will be tested).
- Familiarity with MS Access or similar database system.
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge (RE) and Engaging Networks Nonprofit Digital Engagement Platform an asset.
- Proficient English communication skills, both written and verbal, including satisfactory business writing skills and polished, professional telephone manners.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Punctual, responsible, and reliable. Demonstrated record of professional conduct and excellent work ethic.
- Focused and proactive, with the ability to prioritize tasks effectively and work to target volumes and due dates.
- Pleasant and courteous: demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the organization.
- Superior attention to detail, and organized, methodical approach to completion of tasks.
- Proven ability to professionally handle confidential information and exercise good judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team capacity, and liaise effectively with a wide and diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work 100% onsite, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Provision of certification of full COVID-19 vaccination series prior to assignment start.
- Satisfactory Background Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations, and Employment References.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 1764
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Clerical, Not for Profit
Number Of Positions 2
Pay Rate 18.5
Date Updated 04/10/2022