Data Entry Clerk for provincial government ministry client, west Toronto.
Marberg Job Number: 2118.
Job Type: Temporary.
Initial Term: November 20, 2023 to January 15, 2024
Compensation: $25 per hour.
Recommended Application Date: Immediately – please note that we are screening and shortlisting Candidates immediately and qualified applications may be contacted same day as date of application.
Regular Work Hours: Regular Work Hours: 8:45 am to 5 pm, not including 1 hour unpaid lunch break, Monday to Friday.
Work Location: Work Location: 100% onsite at client’s west Toronto office, approximately 20 minutes walking distance from TTC station. Free parking also provided.
To process high volume of digital and hard copy program records into database, checking and reviewing records to ensure accuracy and compliance with regulatory information requirements, and flagging or resolving any deficiencies.
- Receive, track, sort and code new and existing program information, check for compliance with regulations, and key into database system. Scan and upload hard copy documents as required.
- Perform quality control to ensure accuracy and completeness of work.
- Obtain clarification regarding data and information from internal and external program participants and update database accordingly.
- Additional clerical and data processing responsibilities as required.
Education: Post Secondary education, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Preferred Work Experience: At least 2+ years of documents processing, data entry, customer service or general clerical support experience in a high volume, administrative environment.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Fast and accurate typing and data entry skills (will be tested).
- Proficiency in MSOffice Word, Outlook and Excel (will be tested).
- Demonstrated superior attention to detail (will be tested).
- Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal, including advanced level business writing skills, excellent spelling, grammar, proofreading and syntax, and polished, professional telephone manners.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Punctual, responsible, and reliable. Demonstrated record of professional conduct and character.
- Focused and able to work effectively with minimal direction and supervision, to prioritize tasks effectively, and to manage volume targets and due dates.
- Pleasant and courteous. Demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the organization.
- Proven ability to professionally handle confidential information and exercise good judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Superior attention to detail, and organized, methodical approach to completion of tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to work well both independently and collaboratively, and liaise effectively with a wide and diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work 100% onsite, abiding by organization health and safety policies
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment responsibilities.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Satisfactory Background Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations, and Employment References.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 2118
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Clerical, Government
Number Of Positions 5
Pay Rate 25
Date Updated 10/31/2023