Customer Service Agent for provincial government ministry, designated Ontario locations.
Marberg Job Number: 1791.
Job Type: Temporary.
Initial Term: November 8, 2022 to February 8, 2023, with possibility of extension.
Compensation: $19 per hour.
Recommended Application Date: Immediately – please note that we are screening and shortlisting Candidates immediately and qualified applications may be contacted same day as date of application.
Regular Work Hours: 7.25 work hours per day, not including unpaid 1 hour lunch break, to be worked during regular business hours, Monday to Friday (36.25 work hours per week).
Work Location: Hybrid – combination of remote-based and onsite at a designated Client service locations within Ontario. Currently accepting applications from Candidates living within the following commutable areas: Greater Toronto Area; Kingston; Ottawa; Port Hope; South Porcupine; North Bay; Thunder Bay; Windsor; London; Waterloo; Barrie; Aurora; St Catherines; Sudbury.
As part of a team, will provide customer support and clerical services for a high volume ministry contact centre, receiving calls from members of the general public.
- Respond to telephone inquiries in a queue based system. Enter all inquiry information into an online CRM database.
- Ascertain specific needs of the caller in order to initiate an accurate referral.
- Respond to common inquiries for information immediately, referring to governing legislation and established Ministry and Branch policies and procedures. Forward or escalate additional inquiries as needed. Advise and consult with Team Manager as needed.
- Access online ministry database to review caller’s information and determine appropriate next steps. Advise caller about additional ministry required documentation as needed.
- Schedule designated individuals for onsite group training sessions, selecting location and date of session according to caller’s residential address and pre-set ministry training schedule.
- Act as an information resource and scheduling liaison for additional client and stakeholder groups, including police, ministry field offices, and additional service providers.
- Work in strict accordance with governing legislation, established administrative procedures, schedules and deadlines, and internal office methodologies and best practices.
- Additional customer service and clerical processing responsibilities as required.
Education: Highschool Diploma. Additional post secondary education an asset.
Preferred Work Experience: At least 1 + years of progressive customer service and clerical work experience from a high volume contact centre or retail service environment.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Fast and accurate data entry skills (will be tested).
- Strong general familiarity with online operating systems and computer and telephone equipment; and the ability to learn a specialized inhouse system quickly and thoroughly.
- Advanced English communication skills, both written and verbal, including strong business writing skills and polished, professional telephone manners.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Demonstrated ability to read, comprehend and explain policy and procedural information to a diverse audience in clear, plain and courteous language.
- Progressively responsible clerical processing experience.
- Punctual, responsible, and reliable. Demonstrated record of professional conduct and strong work ethic. Ability to work to deadlines and volume targets.
- Pleasant and courteous: demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the organization.
- Proficient de-escalation skills. Ability to surmount internal and external job pressures.
- Proven ability to professionally handle confidential information and exercise good judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Superior attention to detail, and organized, methodical approach to completion of tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently, collaboratively, and in an advisory capacity, and liaise effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong relationship management skills. Excellent listening skills, and the ability to provide and receive effective feedback.
- Demonstrated successful experience of prioritizing work, making decisions and communicating with others within a values framework of respect, equity, anti-racism, diversity and inclusivity.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work both remotely and onsite as required, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment responsibilities prior to assignment start.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Provision of certification of full COVID-19 vaccination series prior to assignment start.
- Satisfactory Background Checks including CRJMC Check, Technical Skills Evaluations, and Employment References. Cost of the CRJMC Check will be covered by Marberg.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 1791
Location: Canada Ontario
Category: Communications and Marketing, Government
Number Of Positions 6
Pay Rate 19
Date Updated 10/23/2022