Corporate Law Clerk required for mid-sized, highly regarded Toronto Law Firm.
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Compensation: $60K-80K according to experience + benefits
- Draft, review, maintain and ensure consistency of a wide variety of corporate documents and records.
- Provide due diligence and transactional closing support including closing agendas, documents and record books.
- Complete clerical work related to incorporations, amendments, dissolutions, revivals, amalgamations and other legal duties in collaboration with the team.
- Review and integrate strong understanding of domestic and foreign extra-provincial registrations and licenses.
- Participate in acquisitions, tax reorganizations and financings in support of the senior legal team.
- Draft share provisions.
- Maintain minute books.
- Preparation of director and shareholder meeting materials.
- Conduct relevant research and other related duties as directed by firm lawyers.
- Complete clerical, administrative, and other tasks as needed.
- 3+ years’ experience as a law clerk in a corporate environment
- Post-secondary education in legal administration, paralegal or related field.
- Strong background in providing right hand support to legal professionals, demonstrating good judgement and consistent adherence to confidentiality practices throughout work.
- Exceptional organization and task prioritization skills, with the ability to effectively organize job duties in terms of time sensitivity and work in a fast and detail-oriented manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with strong knowledge of legal sector communication standards.
- Strong research skills and demonstrated ability to quickly find, verify and record relevant legal information.
- Extensive working knowledge of OBCA, CBCA, CIA, LP Act and other related legislative requirements, along with a history of consistent adherence throughout work.
- Prior experience working with industry database software and strong overall computer skills, experience with conveyancer or corplink an asset.
- Consistent professionalism, tact and understanding of corporate workplace expectations.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Job ID: 859
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Clerical, Legal
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 60000
Date Updated 08/14/2020