Communications Coordinator, provincial government regulatory client, downtown Toronto.
Marberg Job Number: 1707.
Job Type: Temporary.
Initial Term: ASAP for approximately 6 months, with possibility of additional extension or direct-hire.
Compensation: $37 per hour.
Regular Work Hours: 7.25 work hours per day, not including unpaid 1 hour lunch break, to be worked during regular business hours, Monday to Friday (36.25 work hours per week). Occasional paid overtime may be required during peak periods.
Work Location: Hybrid; 1 day remote-work; 4 days onsite at Client’s downtown Toronto office, on PATH near TTC Station.
Onsite Dress Code: Corporate or Business Casual Dress; Non-Scented Personal Products Workplace Policy in effect.
Provide a range of corporate communications, research, writing, documents production, and coordinative services within a busy Communications Team.
- Coordinate all internal communications, including writing and production of the internal E-newsletter.
- Coordinate production and distribution of daily media monitoring scans.
- Support communications planning activities related to report releases.
- Coordinate social media rollout and web content updates according to approved plans and content.
- Contribute to the drafting, editing and formatting of a range of publications across different mediums.
- Proof-read, edit, and cross-check publications as directed by production/design staff or writing/editing staff.
- Produce communications analytics reports.
- Back up support to Administrative Coordinator and other Communications Team members as required.
- Additional communications support responsibilities as required.
Education: University Degree in Communications, Political Science or other social science; or University Degree in other discipline plus supplementary Certificate or Diploma in Public Relations or Communications.
Preferred Work Experience: At least 3+ years of work experience in corporate communications or public relations. Public sector experience a strong asset.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Advanced proficiency in MS Word, Outlook and PowerPoint (will be tested).
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe Acrobat (will be tested).
- Advanced English communication skills, both written and verbal, including strong business writing skills, creative writing skills, and excellent grasp of spelling, grammar, proofreading and syntax (will be tested).
- Familiarity with Adobe InDesign and e-marketing platforms an asset.
- Fluency in French, both written and verbal, an asset.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Demonstrated knowledge of corporate communications principles, methodologies and best practices.
- Sound knowledge of Canadian media landscape.
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently, collaboratively, and in an advisory capacity, and liaise effectively with a wide and diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Proficient de-escalation skills, with the ability to surmount internal and external job pressures. Excellent listening skills, and the ability to provide and receive effective feedback.
- Proven ability to respond to sensitive and confidential matters with tact, discretion, and excellent judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Advanced organizational, coordinative and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize work effectively for self and others, meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Superior attention to detail, and organized, methodical approach to completion of tasks.
- Demonstrated successful experience of prioritizing work, making decisions and communicating with others within a values framework of respect, equity, anti-racism, diversity and inclusivity.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work both remotely and onsite as required, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment responsibilities.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Provision of certification of full COVID-19 vaccination series prior to assignment start.
- Satisfactory Background Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations, and Employment References.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 1707
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Communications and Marketing, Government
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 37
Date Updated 08/20/2022