Communications Coordinator required for a not-for-profit organization located in Downtown Toronto.
Job #: 282
Job Posted: July 4, 2019
- Participate in development of the annual communication and stakeholder relations plan.
- Lead or assist in the preparation of project-specific communications and/or stakeholder plans as well as the development of materials (e.g., eblasts, newsletters, videos) required to support them.
- Write, edit, and/or proofread communication materials, including website content, educational and professional resources, advisories, e-blasts, social media posts, briefing documents, announcements, and reports.
- Provide communication and project management services (e.g., initiative planning, key message development, work-back schedule creation)
- Work with team to develop content and provide social media community management support.
- Develop and update social media calendars, editorial calendars and style guides.
- Monitor and measure (using analytics) the effectiveness of communications tactics and practices.
- Coordinate meetings, webinars and speaker requests.
- Create website content as well as support its overall management and ongoing improvement.
- Ensure brand standards are followed and key messages for written communications are positioned in the context of regulatory requirements
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ direct communications experience in a regulatory, government, early learning and child care or non-profit sectors
- Minimum 1 year of digital, PR or marketing agency experience an asset.
- Diploma or degree in communications, public relations, journalism or a related discipline.
- Bilingual (English/French) is an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Mail Chimp, Constant Contact, SharePoint (or similar), WordPress, Adobe Connect (or other webinar platforms).
- Experience using Google Analytics, Tag manager, Hootsuite, YouTube Analytics.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and website coding, social media and hands-on experience with Photoshop (or similar) is an asset.
- Strong written communication and editing skills, with the capacity to tailor information for various audiences.
- Strong project- and time-management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Skilled at distilling regulatory/technical wording into plain language.
- Demonstrated client service and relationship management skills.
- Self-starter and creative problem solver skilled at generating desired results using limited resources.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.