Commercial Real Estate Law Clerk – Intermediate to Senior – required for mid-sized, highly regarded Toronto Law Firm.
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Compensation: $65-$85K according to experience, plus benefits
- Participate in all stages of commercial real estate transactions, using knowledge to advise and record keep on a variety of steps in this process, including purchase and sale of land and commercial buildings.
- Interact regularly directly with clients, using effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Complete a variety of technical and research duties, including sending off title search requests, reporting information to clients and preparation of accounts.
- Complete land development related duties not limited to land title applications, subdivision registration, severances, easement payments and others.
- Use working knowledge of relevant legislative requirements on privacy of information, real estate law, and other related policy to inform actions.
- Provide other general administrative support as needed.
- 5+ years’ experience as a real estate law clerk or closely related position, applicable post-secondary education is an asset.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively engage with a variety of stakeholders, from senior executives to the public.
- Demonstrated experience working in condominium or subdivision sales in prior law clerk role, including Lawyer Done Deal.
- Strong computer skills, with knowledge of legal sector records management systems and high level Microsoft Office abilities.
- Excellent task prioritization and organization skills.
- Extensive knowledge of relevant legislative requirements and consistent adherence throughout legal work.
- A team focused, positive and professional approach to the workplace.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Job ID: 858
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Clerical, Legal
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 65000
Date Updated 08/14/2020