Commercial Litigation Assistant
Commercial Litigation Assistant required for private law firm, responsible for providing filing, litigation and procedural law support.
Position type: Temporary full-time
- Prepare correspondence, affidavits, Court proceedings materials, and documents from written, oral, dictated instructions and/or precedents
- Proofread prepared documents and correspondence.
- Coordinate documents and materials for distribution and filing, order/file court documents, request information from external sources
- Manage calendars, schedule appointments, court appearances, deadlines, discovery examinations, etc.
- Compile briefs and motion records
- Maintain physical and electronic documentation filing system
- Providing assistance to lawyers and staff as required and requested.
- Certificate or diploma in legal office administration
- 5 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong understanding of relevant litigation administration, processes, Rules of Civil Procedure and various courts, disclosure requirements and document management protocols
- PC Law and Primafact skills are considered an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and customer services skills
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced, high volume environment
- Attention to accuracy and detail. Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Job ID: 1007
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 25
Date Updated 12/14/2020