Client Intake and Communications Coordinator for well regarded law firm client, Markham.
Marberg Job Number: 2121.
Job Type: Full Time Permanent.
Compensation: $52,000 per annum to $57,000 per annum, according to experience, plus benefits and additional incentives.
Regular Work Hours: 9 am to 5 pm, not including 1 hour unpaid lunch break, Monday to Friday (35.0 work hours per week).
Work Location: Hybrid – combination of remote-based and onsite at client’s Markham office, with free parking provided. Fridays are always worked from home.
Lead client intake and engagement for legal team, including overseeing initiation of new client matters, managing existing client relationships, and creating communications content to expand firm’s reach.
- Facilitate client intake by collecting and assessing initial information.
- Manage client engagement through drafting, sending, and following up on engagement letters.
- Oversee client referrals, create new contacts, and maintain referral records.
- Initiate new client matters, open electronic folders, and handle due diligence tasks.
- Assist with administrative support for partners, lawyers and other staff.
- Efficiently manage client transactions and inquiries.
- Enhance client satisfaction, and retention through cultivating trust-based client relationships.
- Track and analyze client feedback and satisfaction metrics.
- Assist with the creation and management of social media content across various platforms such as blogs, LinkedIn, and Twitter. Publish and post blogs, articles, newsletters, whitepapers, and organize webinars, seminars, and similar events.
- Handling incoming phone calls and manage mail and packages.
- Additional client service and/or administrative responsibilities as required.
Education: Post Secondary Degree or Diploma in Business Administration, Legal Administration, Marketing and Communications, or applicable combination of work experience and education.
Preferred Work Experience: Approximately 5 years of relevant client service or corporate communications experience from a professional services firm environment.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Advanced proficiency in MSOffice software including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint (will be tested).
- Strong typing and data entry skills (will be tested).
- Strong familiarity with document management systems in a legal setting. Experience using legal software, preferably CLIO.
- Proficient English communication skills, both written and verbal, including strong business writing skills and polished, professional telephone manners.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Demonstrated record of professional conduct and character. Responsible, reliable and works to deadlines.
- Focused and able to work effectively with minimal direction and supervision, to prioritize tasks effectively, and to manage volume targets and due dates.
- Pleasant and courteous: demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the organization.
- Proven ability to respond to sensitive and confidential matters with tact, discretion, and excellent judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Advanced organizational, coordinative and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize work effectively for self and others, meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Strong relationship management skills including client and vendor relations management, business networking, and advisory skills. Excellent listening skills, and the ability to provide and receive effective feedback.
- Demonstrated successful experience of prioritizing work, making decisions and communicating with others within a values framework of respect, equity, anti-racism, diversity and inclusivity.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work both remotely and onsite as required, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of position responsibilities.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Satisfactory Background Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations, and Employment References as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 2121
Location: Canada ON Markham
Category: Communications and Marketing, Legal
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 52000
Date Updated 03/11/2023