Clerical Assistant for provincial government agency client, Scarborough head office.
Marberg Job Number: 2013.
Job Type: Temporary.
Initial Term: ASAP to September 29, 2023, with possibility of extension.
Compensation: $20 to $23 per hour, according to experience.
Recommended Application Date: Immediately – please note that we are screening and shortlisting Candidates immediately and qualified applications may be contacted same day as date of application.
Regular Work Hours: 7.25 work hours per day, not including unpaid .75 or 1-hour lunch break, to be worked during regular business hours, Monday to Friday (36.25 work hours per week). Additional paid overtime may be required during peak periods.
Work Location: 100% onsite at Client’s office currently in Scarborough, on bus route and with free parking provided. Office moving to new North York location in the Fall.
To provide range of clerical and administrative support services to busy compliance team.
- Photocopy, file and maintain hard copy records in accordance with corporate policy, and established records management standards and best practices.
- Perform data entry into various electronic database systems.
- Coordinate and compile information for projects and presentations. Prepare correspondence, reports, charts and presentation materials for distribution.
- Edit, update and proofread electronic documentation for accuracy and formatting.
- Prepare correspondence and assist with mass mailings.
- Additional clerical, administrative and records management responsibilities as required.
Education: High School Diploma. Post secondary education an asset.
Preferred Work Experience: At least 1+ year of clerical and administrative experience in a professional office environment.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Advanced proficiency in MSOffice Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint (will be tested).
- Strong data entry and typing skills (will be tested).
- Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal, including satisfactory business writing skills and professional telephone manners.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Punctual, responsible, and reliable. Demonstrated record of professional conduct and character.
- Superior attention to detail, and organized, methodical approach to completion of tasks.
- Focused and able to work effectively with minimal direction and supervision, to prioritize tasks effectively, and to manage volume targets and due dates.
- Proven ability to professionally handle confidential information and exercise good judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Demonstrated ability to work well both independently and collaboratively, and liaise effectively with a wide and diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work 100% onsite, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment responsibilities prior to assignment start.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Additional satisfactory Background Checks including CPIC Check, Technical Skills Evaluations, and Employment References as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 2013
Location: Canada Ontario Scarborough
Category: Clerical, Government
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 20
Date Updated 01/07/2023