Claims Assistant required to provide organizational and administrative support to Claims Managers, specifically:
- Supporting claims managers in the effective management of claims
- Timely logging of claims & maintaining of claims entries including processing of reserves on internal claims systems.
- Timely & accurate processing (including review & agreement where appropriate) of invoices & payments
- Assist the Claims Managers by preparing documentation to help them evaluate and report on specific claims.
- Produce and maintain reports, bordereaux and databases to enhance data presentation, analysis, and storage.
- Liaise with service providers, brokers and other stakeholders to support the effective management of claims.
- Assist in the review of claims where appropriate.
- Preparation of meeting packages, attending of internal & external meetings as well as taking and distribution of minutes where required.
- Ownership of claims as directed and delegated by a Claims manager.
- Help with necessary auditing and reviewing of internal and external claims files.
- Provide input to Underwriters during the review of existing Insureds’ claims experience.
- Comply with standards for timeliness of contact, follow-up and payments.
- Prepare claims summaries and respond promptly to reinsurance queries.
- Provide a professional service to brokers & external stakeholders in person, writing, email and telephone.
- Maintain and develop key relationships with key brokers & external stakeholders, responding to stakeholder queries in an accurate and timely fashion.
Skills and Abilities
- Analytical skills: problem solving (broad-based, analytical, conceptual, creativity), analysis of financial statements, financial assessments of claims, data analysis, decision-making
- Work management skills: time and workload management, self-starter
- Interpersonal skills: ability to influence others, client and broker management skills, purposeful communication, flexibility, active listening.
- Functional knowledge & understanding claims management process, basic understanding of relevant focus group claims.
- Outcome focused, self-motivated, flexible and enthusiastic.
Excellent career opportunity with top rated insurance company, central downtown core location near GO Station.
Job ID: 220
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 23
Date Updated 10/06/2019