Case Reviewers for provincial government ministry client, community social services program, downtown Toronto head office.
Marberg Job Number: 1790.
Job Type: Temporary.
Initial Term: November 1, 2022 to March 21, 2023.
Compensation: $39.00 per hour
Recommended Application Date: Immediately – please note that we are screening and shortlisting Candidates immediately and qualified applications may be contacted same day as date of application.
Regular Work Hours: 7.25 work hours per day, not including unpaid 1 hour lunch break, to be worked during regular business hours, Monday to Friday (36.25 work hours per week).
Work Location: Hybrid – position will start with 3 weeks of onsite training, then transition to combination of remote-based and onsite work. Onsite work to be conducted at Client’s downtown Toronto office, at TTC Station.
Provide comprehensive and individualized case file support to families applying to and participating in community services program.
- Intake and registration of families to the program waitlist.
- Review program applications and validate eligibility according to established policies, procedures and criteria.
- Provide families with information and guidance on registration and funding processes, eligible and ineligible expenses, and application status updates.
- Investigate and validate that claims information submitted to internal case management systems is correct and complete.
- Research and identify issues or potential problems. Follow up with families to clarify and resolve accordingly.
- Issue payments to families and service providers. Reconcile funding statements and budgets. Perform financial calculations to determine and validate required payment amounts.
- Respond to general inquiries from external stakeholders, including MPPs, Branch Regional Offices, Ombudsman’s Office, families, and the general public.
- Additional case file review and processing responsibilities as required.
Education: Post Secondary Degree or Diploma requiring strong research, analysis and teamwork skills, or applicable combination of work experience and education.
Preferred Work Experience: At least 2+ years of related administrative, clerical, financial and customer service work experience.
Preferred Sector Experience: Community services program administration experience preferred.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Proficiency in MSExcel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook (may be tested).
- Strong arithmetic skills (may be tested).
- Familiarity with Internet searches and databases; ability to extract and analyze data, and generate reports.
- Proficient English communication skills, both written and verbal, including strong business writing skills and professional telephone manners.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Ability to interpret and apply relevant legislation, policies and other directives including Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA) to conduct case file analysis, assess implications of errors, and provide recommendations for corrective action.
- Superior attention to detail, with ability to address complex and high priority financial transactions, identify, analyze and resolve discrepancies, and verify mathematical calculations.
- Demonstrated record of professional conduct and character. Responsible, reliable and works to deadlines.
- Pleasant and courteous: demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the organization.
- Proficient de-escalation skills. Ability to surmount internal and external job pressures.
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently, collaboratively, and in an advisory capacity, and liaise effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven ability to respond to sensitive and confidential matters with tact, discretion, and excellent judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Strong relationship management skills. Excellent listening skills, and the ability to provide and receive effective feedback.
- Demonstrated successful experience of prioritizing work, making decisions and communicating with others within a values framework of respect, equity, anti-racism, diversity and inclusivity.
- Ability to fully participate in 3 weeks of onsite training.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work both remotely and onsite as required, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment responsibilities prior to assignment start.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Provision of certification of full COVID-19 vaccination series prior to assignment start.
- Satisfactory Background Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations and Employment References.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 1790
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Administrative, Government
Number Of Positions 20
Pay Rate 39
Date Updated 10/23/2022