Business Process Engineer for provincial government agency client.
Marberg Job Number: 2128.
Job Type: Temporary.
Initial Term: November 27, 2023 to August 30, 2024.
Compensation: $90 per hour.
Recommended Application Date: Immediately – please note that we are screening and shortlisting Candidates immediately and qualified applications may be contacted same day as date of application.
Regular Work Hours: 7.25 work hours per day not including 1 hour unpaid lunch break, to be worked during regular business hours, Monday to Friday (36.25 work hours per week).
Work Location: Hybrid combination of remote-based and minimum 3 days per week onsite at client’s North York office, on TTC line.
As key member of the Business Transformation Team, to provide ongoing analysis and optimization of organizational business processes across internal and external stakeholder groups, driving operational process efficiencies to result in superior business and customer outcomes. Will orchestrate studies of customer, operational and performance data to identify process improvements and automation opportunities in alignment with organization’s strategic goals.
- Document current processes through participation and/or facilitation brainstorming sessions or workshops with stakeholders.
- Facilitate cross-functional working groups to improve business processes by studying current practices and proposing modifications, taking an end-to-end perspective with a focus on improved service and operational excellence, and increased client satisfaction.
- Develop recommendations on process reengineering and standardization by evaluating efficiency improvements and quality of output.
- Ensure projects delivered on time, on budget and within quality targets.
- Conduct presentations on assessment findings and recommendations, project status, and current issues.
- Ensure technology implemented with most efficient processes and minimal customization.
- Visualize as-is and to-be business processes (process mapping) and process performance (process modeling).
- Utilize BPI methodologies including Lean Six Sigma, Systems Thinking, Design Thinking, and Customer Journey Mapping.
- Support planning and implementation of process improvement, operating model, optimization, and organizational design and integration initiatives.
- Collaborate with Systems Architects, Business Analysts, and Change Management team members to improve organizational efficiencies, with a combined focus on Process -Technology – People.
- Identify and implement ways to measure and track productivity by assessing and defining process metrics.
- Additional business process analysis, advisory, and optimization responsibilities as required.
Education: Post-secondary education including combination of Engineering, Business Analysis, Supply Chain, Logistics or similar discipline.
Preferred Work Experience: Approximately 5+ years of business process improvement experience, with a continuous improvement background.
Leadership Experience and Skills: Demonstrated experience in gathering, working with, and coordinating teams. Ability to engage with and motivate a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders, at all levels of seniority.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Proficiency in MSOffice applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Superior English communication skills, including expert level business writing skills, proficient technical writing skills, and excellent verbal communication and presentation skills suitable for a range of audiences including senior leadership.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Demonstrated knowledge of BPI and systems thinking methodologies and practical applications.
- Demonstrated ability to perform business analysis and present information with clear conclusions and recommendations.
- Demonstrated record of professional conduct and character. Responsible, reliable and works to deadlines.
- Pleasant and courteous. Demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the organization.
- Proven ability to professionally handle confidential information and exercise good judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Demonstrated ability to work well both independently and collaboratively, and in an advisory capacity, and liaise effectively with a wide and diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to apply project management principles, methodologies and best practices.
- Strong relationship management skills including client and vendor relations management, business networking, negotiation, change management and consulting/advisory skills.
- Demonstrated successful experience of prioritizing work, making decisions and communicating with others within a values framework of respect, equity, anti-racism, diversity and inclusivity.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work both remotely and onsite, abiding by organization health and safety policies
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment responsibilities.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Satisfactory Background Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations, and Employment References.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 2128
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Business Operations, Government
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 51.72
Date Updated 11/14/2023