Financial and Business Analyst for government client, downtown Toronto.
Marberg Job Number: 1726.
Job Type: Temporary
Initial Term: October 1, 2022 – January 31, 2023, with possibility of extension to October 2023.
Compensation: $49.73 per hour
Recommended Application Date: Immediately – please note that we are screening and shortlisting Candidates immediately and qualified applications may be contacted same day as date of application.
Regular Work Hours: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm not including unpaid 1 hour lunch break, Monday to Friday (35 work hours per week).
Work Location: Remote-based, with occasional onsite meetings at Client’s downtown Toronto office, on PATH and TTC line.
Onsite Dress Code: Corporate or Business Casual Dress; Non-Scented Personal Products Workplace Policy in effect.
To conduct financial data analysis and cleansing, ensuring financial data is both in compliance with Public Sector Accounting Standards (PSAS), and validates planned business processes.
- Conduct data analysis and cleansing in accordance with PSAS, and input data into financial system.
- Research, collect and analyze data to determine effectiveness, accuracy and efficiency of operations and business processes.
- Perform data reconciliations between multiple systems, and oversee databases and datasets. Monitor dashboards and follow up on identified issues. Monitor uniformity, completeness and correctness of financial system data.
- Review performance measures for validity and relevance. Compile KPI statistics to ensure underlying information is complete and correct. Propose appropriate revisions.
- Review and standardize service levels, corporate policies. Recommend improvements.
- Prepare reports on various functions and parameters using information extracted from corporate and divisional financial and operating systems and databases.
- Make recommendations to senior management regarding service optimization and business process simplifications. Deal with confidential and sensitive information affecting divisional operations, assets and resources.
- Represent Division on working groups, committees, and at public meetings.
- Additional financial and business analysis responsibilities as required.
Education: Post Secondary Degree in related Accounting, Finance, Business or related discipline.
Professional Credentials: CPA or equivalent designation, or equivalent combination of work experience and education.
Preferred Work Experience: At least 3+ years of progressive, related work experience in financial, data and business-process analysis.
Preferred Sector Experience: Public sector financial analysis experience.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Experience conducting financial data analysis on large datasets, including data cleansing, construction and transformation.
- Expert level MS Excel proficiency.
- Sound knowledge of common Business Intelligence tools and their application.
- Proficient English communication skills, both written and verbal, including strong business writing and technical/business-process writing skills.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Demonstrated record of professional conduct and character. Responsible, reliable and works to deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently, collaboratively, and in an advisory capacity, and liaise effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience with business process mapping and Public Sector Accounting Standards.
- Expertise in financial reporting concepts and practices including fiscal reporting cycle, financial statement preparation, analytical review, accrual accounting, account reconciliation and procedures related to various financial statement elements (e.g. bank reconciliations, accounts receivable, collection, capital assets and depreciation, leases).
- Knowledge of principles and practices of financial management, accounting and program analysis, with a particular knowledge of budget preparation, forecasting, reporting and control mechanisms. Knowledge of financial management processes and relevant financial directives and guidelines.
- Strong research, business and financial analysis skills to obtain, review and analyze information from a wide range of digital and hard copy documentation sources.
- Demonstrated experience performing statistical and financial variance analysis including use of benchmarking and comparative data from various sources.
- Demonstrated experience with development of financial models, and workflow analysis for business and process efficiency improvements.
- Strong analysis and synthesis skills to identify and highlight any policy and procedural issues.
- Demonstrated experience providing budget guidance and recommendations based on variance analysis, trending and forecasting, and risk management.
- Experience in the design and implementation of financial systems and processes.
- Excellent advisory and consultative skills to liaise with, obtain information from, and present complex findings (such as the financial impact of complex submissions and transactions) to both financial and nonfinancial audiences.
- Proven ability to respond to sensitive and confidential matters with tact, discretion, and excellent judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Excellent judgement and proven track record of diplomacy and interpersonal acuity to participate in and lead consultative processes and stakeholder meetings.
- Demonstrated successful experience of prioritizing work, making decisions and communicating with others within a values framework of respect, equity, anti-racism, diversity and inclusivity.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to provide 3 qualified employment references at point of resume submission (references will not be contacted without your express permission and introduction).
- Ability to work both remotely and onsite as required, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment responsibilities.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Provision of certification of full COVID-19 vaccination series prior to assignment start.
- Additional satisfactory Background Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations, and Employment References as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 1726
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Government, Systems and IT
Number Of Positions 6
Pay Rate 49.73
Date Updated 05/09/2022