Branch Administrator, provincial government agency, downtown Toronto.
Marberg Job #: 1815.
Job Type: Temporary to permanent; initial term to December 5, 2022 to June 6, 2023, with possibility of extension or direct hire.
Work Hours: 7 hours per day not including 1 hour unpaid lunch break, during regular daytime hours, Monday to Friday (35 work hours per week).
Work Location: Hybrid – combination of remote-based and onsite at client’s downtown Toronto office, on PATH and at TTC station.
Recommended Application Date: Immediately – please note that we are screening and shortlisting Candidates immediately and qualified applications may be contacted same day as date of application.
Provide administrative and operational support to department, including financial and operational reporting, event planning, program and/or project coordination, administrative support and general office management for the Branch.
- Act as central point of contact for administrative and department coordinative matters within and outside Branch, liaising with Branches across the organization and other stakeholders as required.
- Anticipate administrative issues within the Branch, and identify and implement solutions.
- Manage calendar and email for management. including scheduling meetings, flagging email messages, and responding to, forwarding and addressing issues and inquiries.
- Coordinate travel arrangements, both domestic and international.
- Screen and triage internal and external inquiries received by phone and email.
- Maintain specialized and central files for the overall Branch according to records management policies.
- Coordinate large and logistically complex special events, as required.
- Assist with Branch budget and financial administration including reconciling all individual unit expenses, reconciling and processing invoices, and tracking accruals.
- Prepare reports and presentations by compiling content, developing charts, graphs and tables based on computation of statistical data, proof reading, formatting, and printing materials.
- Research articles, publications and papers, and prepare summaries of relevant information and key issues as briefing material for management.
- Additional Branch operational support functions as required.
Education: Post Secondary Degree or Diploma in related field.
Preferred Work Experience: At least 5+ years of senior administrative support experience in a professional office environment
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint (will be tested).
- Fast and accurate typing speed (will be tested).
- Proficient English communication skills, both written and verbal, including strong business writing skills, excellent spelling, grammar, proofreading and syntax and polished, professional telephone manners.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Punctual, responsible, and reliable. Demonstrated record of professional conduct and superior work ethic.
- Pleasant and courteous: demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the organization.
- Proven ability to professionally handle confidential information and exercise good judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Superior attention to detail, and organized, methodical approach to completion of tasks.
- Strong relationship management skills including internal and external stakeholder and vendor relations management. Excellent listening skills, and the ability to provide and receive effective feedback.
- Advanced organizational, coordinative and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize work effectively for self and others, meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently and collaboratively within a team, and liaise effectively with a wide and diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work both remotely and onsite as required, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to provide minimum 3 qualified employment references promptly upon request, who are available for a telephone appointment with either Marberg or the client directly.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment responsibilities prior to assignment start.
- Ability to complete a satisfactory Provincial Government security check, including a Fingerprint Check, prior to assignment start. Please note that Marberg will reimburse for the cost of the Fingerprint Check upon your acceptance of Assignment Offer and submission of approved Expense Receipts.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Provision of certification of full COVID-19 vaccination series prior to assignment start.
- Additional satisfactory Background Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations, and Employment References as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 1815
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Administrative, Government
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 34.62
Date Updated 11/21/2022