Branch Administrative Assistant for provincial government ministry client, North York.
Marberg Job Number: 2040.
Job Type: Temporary.
Initial Term: August 21, 2023 to February 16, 2024, with possibility for extension.
Compensation: $25.08 Per Hour.
Recommended Application Date: Immediately – please note that we are screening and shortlisting Candidates immediately and qualified applications may be contacted same day as date of application.
Regular Work Hours: FULL TIME WORK HOURS – 7.25 work hours per day, not including unpaid .75 hour lunch break, to be worked during regular business hours, Monday to Friday (36.25 work hours per week).
Work Location: Hybrid – combination of remote and onsite work, with 3 days per week required onsite at Client’s North York office, easily accessible from freeway.
To provide a full range of administrative and clerical support services to Branch Director, Managers, and staff.
- Review and monitor incoming correspondence and documents, performing research and following-up as required. Log and track all correspondence.
- Update digital tracking system and hard copy files for all correspondence actioned or received.
- Prepare and proof-read documents from draft or verbal instructions.
- Maintain department records management system.
- Update and coordinate management schedules, arranging meetings, travel and accommodation arrangements, and preparing travel expense claims.
- Receive telephone calls, responding to general inquiries and referring to other staff as appropriate. Prepare outgoing mail. Maintain office supplies and other purchasing requirements.
- Prepare, submit and track purchase requisitions and other expenses. Reconcile expenditures with monthly financial reports system.
- Arrange for technical support and equipment maintenance as required.
- Assist with recruitment administrative processes including scheduling interviews between candidates and panel members, preparing supporting materials, and providing logistical support.
- Additional office administration responsibilities as required.
Education: High School Diploma. Post-Secondary Education an asset.
Preferred Work Experience: At least 2+ years of administrative experience in a professional office environment.
Preferred Sector Experience: Public Sector or Not-for-Profit experience preferred.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Strong MSOffice skills in Word, Outlook, Excel (will be tested).
- Strong typing and data entry skills (will be tested)
- Familiarity with databases and statistical packages such as MS Access and SPSS an asset.
- Familiarity with OCMS or similar correspondence tracking software an asset.
- Proficient English communication skills, both written and verbal, including satisfactory business writing skills and polished, professional telephone manners.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Familiarity with purchasing procedures and related financial administration (e.g., coding and submitting invoices, preparation of travel expense claims).
- Punctual, responsible, and reliable. Demonstrated record of professional conduct and character.
- Focused and able to work effectively with minimal direction and supervision, to prioritize tasks effectively, and to manage volume targets and due dates.
- Pleasant and courteous: demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the organization.
- Proficient de-escalation skills. Ability to surmount internal and external job pressures. Excellent listening skills, and the ability to provide and receive effective feedback.
- Proven ability to professionally handle confidential information and exercise good judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Superior attention to detail, and organized, methodical approach to completion of tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to work well both independently and collaboratively, and liaise effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated successful experience of prioritizing work, making decisions and communicating with others within a values framework of respect, equity, anti-racism, diversity and inclusivity.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work both remotely and onsite as required, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to complete a satisfactory Provincial Government security check upon request. Please note that Marberg will reimburse for the cost of the security checks upon confirmation of assignment start and submission of approved expense receipts.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment responsibilities prior to assignment start.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Additional satisfactory Background Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations, and Employment References as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 2040
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Administrative, Government
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 25.08
Date Updated 07/24/2023