Bookkeeper – Part-Time, for Graduate College client, downtown Toronto.
Marberg Job Number: 1921.
Job Type: Temp-to-Perm.
Initial Term: ASAP for probationary period of up to 3 months, with expectation of part-time permanent hire.
Compensation: $28 per hour.
Recommended Application Date: Immediately – please note that we are screening and shortlisting Candidates immediately and qualified applications may be contacted same day as date of application.
Regular Work Hours: 7.0 work hours per day, not including unpaid 1 hour lunch break, to be worked during regular business hours, 2 days per week between Monday to Friday (14.0 work hours per week).
Work Location: 100% onsite at Client’s downtown Toronto office, short walk from TTC station.
Provide full cycle bookkeeping services on a part-time hours basis, using SAGE AccPac computerized accounting system. Reports to Director of Finance.
- Prepare and maintain complete sets of books and financial records up to trial balance.
- Process, record and reconcile all accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Calculate and prepare cheques for payrolls, supplier invoices, and government remittances as well as other expenditures.
- Process, record and reconcile cash transactions.
- Manage bank reconciliation.
- Post journal entries, reconcile accounts, prepare trial balance and maintain general ledgers.
- Track fixed assets and prepare depreciation schedules.
- Perform month-end closings.
- Verify financial recordkeeping procedures.
- Prepare additional statistical, financial and accounting reports as required.
- Additional bookkeeping responsibilities as required.
Education: Post Secondary Degree or Diploma in Accounting or Business Administration or applicable combination of work experience and education.
Preferred Work Experience: At least 5+ years of full cycle bookkeeping experience for a small to mid size professional office.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Proficiency in SAGE Accpac (will be tested).
- Proficiency in MSOffice including Excel, Word, Outlook (will be tested).
- Accurate data entry skills (will be tested).
- Sound knowledge of generally accepted bookkeeping methodologies and best practices (will be tested).
- Proficient English communication skills, both written and verbal, including satisfactory business writing skills and professional telephone manners.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Punctual, responsible, and reliable. Demonstrated record of professional conduct, character, and strong work ethic.
- Pleasant and courteous: demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the organization.
- Proven ability to professionally handle confidential information and exercise good judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Superior attention to detail, and organized, methodical approach to completion of tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently, collaboratively, and in an advisory capacity, and liaise effectively with a wide and diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work 100% onsite, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to commit to a permanent, part time 2 business days-per-week work schedule.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment responsibilities.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Provision of certification of full COVID-19 vaccination series prior to assignment start, subject to reasonable accommodation per the Ontario Human Rights Code.
- Satisfactory Background Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations, and Employment References.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Please note that Marberg Staffing only accepts applications through Indeed.ca, LinkedIn and marberg.com.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 1921
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Accounting and Payroll
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 28
Date Updated 03/18/2023