Board Secretary for provincial government agency client, downtown Toronto.
Marberg Job Number: 1763.
Job Type: Temporary.
Initial Term: ASAP for up to 12 months.
Compensation: $27.22 per hour.
Recommended Application Date: Immediately – please note that we are screening and shortlisting Candidates immediately and qualified applications may be contacted same day as date of application.
Regular Work Hours: 7.25 hours per day, not including unpaid 1 hour lunch break, to be worked during regular business hours, Monday to Friday (36.25 work hours per week).
Work Location: Hybrid – 3 days remote-based, 2 days onsite at Client’s downtown Toronto office, on PATH, and near Union and GO Stations.
Support the Office of the Corporate Secretary by providing official minute recording, meeting coordination, and additional coordinative support to the Chair, Board of Directors, President & CEO and senior management.
- Schedule and coordinate Board and Board Committee meetings, working with executive leads to finalize workplans and agendas.
- Compile and post meeting materials for prior review by Board and Board Committee members.
- Prepare Board and Committee meeting minutes, summarizing discussions, decisions and action items. Maintain Board minute books in accordance with formal Minuting process.
- Act as central point of contact for the Corporate Secretary’s Office, triaging and responding to requests in person, by telephone or through written correspondence.
- Maintain Board Portal and SharePoint Site. Review and proof all corporate documents submitted for posting and act as Site security administrator.
- Maintain Site corporate information including membership listings, attendance reports, Order in Council terms, Annual Affirmations and resolutions. Renew and update corporate information as needed.
- Additional Board support administrative and coordinative responsibilities as required
Education: Post secondary Degree or Diploma in Business Administration or related field.
Preferred Work Experience: Approximately 7+ years of progressive corporate administrative experience, including supporting a senior executive. Public administration/public company experience an asset.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Demonstrated advanced level proficiency in MSOffice including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Familiarity with SharePoint or similar portal sites.
- Superior English communication skills, both written and verbal, including expert level business writing skills, spelling, grammar, proofreading and syntax.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Knowledge of Roberts Rules of Order
- Knowledge of corporate governance procedures, practices and protocols.
- Demonstrated record of professional conduct and character. Responsible, reliable and works to deadlines.
- Pleasant and courteous: demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the organization. Polished and professional telephone manners.
- Proven ability to respond to sensitive and confidential matters with tact, discretion, and excellent judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Superior attention to detail, and organized, methodical approach to completion of tasks.
- Strong relationship management skills including client relations management and consulting/advisory skills. Excellent listening skills, and the ability to provide and receive effective feedback.
- Advanced organizational, coordinative and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize work effectively for self and others, meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently and collaboratively within a team, and liaise effectively with a wide and diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work both remotely and onsite as required, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment responsibilities.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Provision of certification of full COVID-19 vaccination series prior to assignment start.
- Satisfactory Background Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations and Employment References.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 1763
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Administrative, Government
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 27.22
Date Updated 09/29/2022