Billing and Accounting Clerk for well regarded law firm client, Markham.
Marberg Job Number: 2120.
Job Type: Full Time Permanent.
Compensation: $47,000 per annum to $55,000 per annum, according to experience, plus benefits and additional incentives.
Regular Work Hours: 9 am to 5 pm, not including 1 hour unpaid lunch break, Monday to Friday (35.0 work hours per week).
Work Location: Hybrid – combination of remote-based and onsite at client’s Markham office, with free parking provided. Fridays are always worked from home.
Manage full-cycle billing process for legal team, including invoice processing, tracking collections and payments, reports preparation, and related accounting responsibilities.
- Prepare and process invoices, ensuring accuracy and compliance with billing guidelines.
- Review and edit pre-bills according to partners’ instructions, client specifications and firm policies and procedures.
- Efficiently track collections and payments, proactively addressing any discrepancies or issues.
- Maintain precise and up-to-date records of all financial transactions and client billing information.
- Utilize e-billing software (CLIO) to generate detailed financial reports for management review and analysis, as required.
- Follow up on outstanding payments, contacting clients by phone and/or email reminder.
- Ensure streamlined operation of accounts payable processes and facilitate vendor relationships.
- Assist with procurement and vendor management as requested.
- Additional accounting and billing responsibilities as required.
Education: Post Secondary Degree or Diploma in Business Administration, Accounting, or applicable combination of work experience and education.
Preferred Work Experience: At least 2+ years of relevant administrative and/or accounting experience with a focus on billing and accounts receivable.
Preferred Sector Experience: Law firm experience preferred.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Advanced proficiency in MSOffice software including Excel, Word, and Outlook (will be tested).
- Strong familiarity with document management systems in a legal setting.
- Advanced understanding of financial software and legal accounting third-party e-billing software, preferably CLIO.
- Proficient English communication skills, both written and verbal, including strong business writing skills and polished, professional telephone manners.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Proficiency in billing and accounting procedures.
- Demonstrated record of professional conduct and character. Responsible, reliable and works to deadlines.
- Pleasant and courteous: demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the organization.
- Proven ability to professionally handle confidential information and exercise good judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Superior attention to detail, and organized, methodical approach to completion of tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to work well both independently and collaboratively, and liaise effectively with a wide and diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated successful experience of prioritizing work, making decisions and communicating with others within a values framework of respect, equity, anti-racism, diversity and inclusivity.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work both remotely and onsite as required, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment responsibilities prior to assignment start.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Satisfactory Background Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations, and Employment References as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 2120
Location: Canada ON Markham
Category: Accounting and Payroll, Legal
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 47000
Date Updated 03/11/2023