Bilingual Social Media Specialist for provincial government agency client, downtown Toronto.
Marberg Job Number: 1804.
Job Type: Temporary.
Initial Term: For 1 year, starting December 5, 2022.
Compensation: $40.61 per hour to $49.70 per hour, according to experience.
Regular Work Hours: 7.25 work hours per day, not including unpaid 1 hour lunch break, to be worked during regular business hours, Monday to Friday (36.25 work hours per week).
Work Location: Primarily remote-based, with occasional attendance at Client’s downtown Toronto office, on TTC line, as required.
Act as primary bilingual (French and English) technical expert for organization’s social media communications program. Develop and manage bilingual social media strategy, plans, tools and digital content, and provide project leadership for social media initiatives. Foster engagement with French and English language social media communities, and provide expertise, briefings and strategic advice to organization’s leadership team on social and digital media strategies and solutions.
- Contribute to development of strategic framework and overall vision for organization’s social media and digital communication products and services. Provide strategic recommendations for broad range of digital solutions across multiple social media platforms.
- Develop policies, procedures, protocols, guidelines and standards for bilingual social and digital media programs and products, ensuring consistency with overall corporate communication policy.
- Oversee organization’s social media presence across all social platforms in both English and French, promoting effective positioning in order to increase public awareness, understanding and acceptance of organization’s policies and programs.
- Lead design, development, implementation and maintenance of corporate social media tools and products for internal and external English and French language audiences, including multimedia and digital media materials, webcasts, and collaboration tools.
- Create and execute English and French language social media content calendar for posting content.
- Develop and curate appropriate editorial, visual and creative content which resonates with target audiences and channels.
- Coordinate bilingual responses to public and stakeholder inquiries through social media channels, and cultivate online discussion and engagement.
- Provide advice and training on appropriate use of social media technology and application of social media tools, systems guidelines, standards, messaging, and timing. Ensure organization-wide adherence to relevant legislation, directives and guidelines related to the posting of digital communications products.
- Identify client communication requirements, determine appropriate social media solutions and project parameters, and manage research and collection of pertinent content.
- Coordinate testing and evaluation of social media communication products to ensure effective quality control, consistency, integrity and continuous improvement.
- Monitor media and consumer social media channels, notify management of any potential concerns or contentious issues, and recommend strategies for resolution.
- Research emerging technology, media trends, markets, methodologies, models and tools in social and digital media production, and recommend new communications opportunities.
- Liaise with public sector stakeholders and social media communities on behalf of the organization. Participate in joint social media initiatives, exchanging information, ideas and best practices.
- Additional social media advisory and program implementation responsibilities as required.
Education: Post Secondary or Graduate Degree in communications or related discipline, or applicable combination of work experience and education.
Preferred Work Experience: At least 5+ years of social media program development and management experience.
Preferred Sector Experience: Public sector communications experience preferred.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Advanced level verbal and written French language skills (will be tested).
- Advanced English communication skills, both written and verbal, including expert level business writing skills and strong technical and creative writing skills.
- Excellent spelling, grammar, proofreading and syntax in both French and English.
- General advanced proficiency with application and utilization of portfolio of commonly used software tools for communications, research and reporting purposes.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Demonstrated expertise in corporate communications theory, principles and practices; strategic and business communications planning; and social and digital media technology.
- Sound knowledge of current social and digital media trends, markets, platforms, applications, best practices, analytical tools and standards.
- Demonstrated record of professional conduct and character. Responsible, reliable and works to deadlines.
- Pleasant and courteous: demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the organization.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently, collaboratively, and in an advisory capacity. Excellent listening skills, with the ability to provide and receive effective feedback.
- Proven ability to respond to sensitive and confidential matters with tact, discretion, and excellent judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Advanced organizational, coordinative and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize work effectively for self and others.
- Demonstrated ability to apply project management principles, methodologies and best practices.
- Strong relationship management skills including client and vendor relations management, business networking, negotiation, change management and consulting/advisory skills.
- Demonstrated successful experience of prioritizing work, making decisions and communicating with others within a values framework of respect, equity, anti-racism, diversity and inclusivity.
- Availability for virtual interviews during the weeks of November 21 and 28, 2022.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work both remotely and onsite as required, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment responsibilities prior to assignment start.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Satisfactory Background Checks and Employment References as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 1804
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Bilingual, Communications and Marketing, Government
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 40.61
Date Updated 09/11/2022