Bilingual Public Inquiries Officer for Provincial Government Agency, downtown Toronto.
Marberg Job Number: 1321.
Job Type: Temporary, initial term October 18, 2021 to January 21, 2022, with possibility of extension.
Compensation: $29.24/hr to $34.91/hr.
Work Location: Currently remote, but may transfer to onsite downtown Toronto location near TTC station later in the assignment.
- Provision of prompt, well researched, professionally communicated responses to a wide range of inquiries about Agency programs, including from the general public.
- Responds to both telephone and written inquiries in French and English, referencing various information sources. Will escalate inquiries to other program areas for response as required.
- Logs, tracks and reports trends and qualitative information on inquiries, reported issues and complaints into a CRM database.
- Regularly researches and refers to resources such as databases, manuals, Internet, legislation, academic publications and policy documents. Directly contacts specialists and subject matter experts on behalf of clients.
- Provides clients with brochures and other resource materials. Assists clients to complete and forward program forms.
- Prepares and sends out mass communications, both online and in hard copy as required.
- Additional clerical, administrative and customer support services, including drafting communication materials, formatting documents, recordkeeping and maintaining inventory of program information resources.
Education: Post Secondary Degree requiring strong research and writing skills.
Preferred Experience: 5+ years of experience in a contact/call centre/customer service related environment, dealing with the general public.
Technical Skills Requirements:
- Advanced French and English language skills, both written and verbal (will be tested).
- Proficiency with MSOffice (Word, Excel, Outlook) (will be tested).
- Fast and accurate Data Entry skills (will be tested).
- General proficiency with Database and CRM Applications; Online Call Logging and Tracking Applications; Internet Research, and Mass Communication Technology/Software Functions (e.g. mass email, mail merge).
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Advanced research, reasoning and problem solving skills. Ability to read, interpret and communicate complex information effectively to a wide range of audiences.
- Ability to perceive, track and report on inquiry trends.
- Familiarity with Freedom of Information (FOI) legislation and Call Centre/Client Service principles and best practices.
- Excellent, empathetic listening skills, interviewing skills and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent judgement to resolve client issues, and/or escalate the matter as appropriate.
- Demonstrated successful experience of prioritizing work, making decisions and communicating with others within a values framework of respect, equity, anti-racism, diversity and inclusivity.
- Satisfactory Background Check, Technical Skills and Language Fluency Evaluations, Employment References.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Please note that Marberg Staffing only accepts applications through Indeed.ca, LinkedIn and marberg.com.
Job ID: 1321
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Administrative, Bilingual, Government
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 29.24
Date Updated 10/10/2021