Bilingual Program Assistant – Spanish, for provincial government ministry client, North York office.
Marberg Job Number: 1912.
Job Type: Temporary.
Initial Term: April 3, 2023 to June 30, 2023, with possible extension.
Compensation: $29 per hour.
Regular Work Hours: 7.25 work hours per day, not including unpaid 1.0 hour lunch break, to be worked during regular business hours, Monday to Friday (36.25 work hours per week).
Work Location: 100% onsite at North York office on TTC line.
Provide administrative, clerical and customer support services to program clients via email, text and phone in both Spanish and English languages, in a high volume, client facing environment.
- Greet visitors, clients and callers, determine the nature of their business, refer them to the appropriate party or resource, or respond to the inquiry directly.
- Receive and record information requests, and provide general program information to clients via phone or email. Follow up as required.
- Obtain necessary approvals to release designated information in compliance with program policies and privacy legislation.
- Perform database research to obtain and provide program information to clients, ministry staff, and other stakeholders as required,
- Compose email correspondence for the purpose of responding to and following up on information requests, proofreading and distributing as required.
- Perform a variety of standard office administrative and clerical duties including processing and proofreading hard copy and online forms; updating and maintaining database and hard copy records and files; sorting, batching, photocopying and collating hardcopy documents; and retrieving and updating on-line documents.
- Additional customer service, administrative and clerical responsibilities as required.
Education: Post Secondary education, or applicable combination of work experience and education.
Preferred Work Experience: At least 3+ years of administrative and customer service experience within a high volume service environment, working extensively with the general public.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- General proficiency with MSOffice software, in particular Word and Outlook (will be tested).
- Strong data entry skills (will be tested).
- Familiarity with searching and updating online databases.
- Perfect fluency in Spanish, both written and verbal (will be tested).
- Proficient English communication skills, both written and verbal, including satisfactory business writing skills, strong spelling, grammar, proofreading and syntax, and polished, professional telephone manners (may be tested).
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Substantial experience in performing receptionist and customer service duties.
- Able to work independently in high volume environment and set priorities.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills for the purpose of receiving instructions, inquiries, obtaining clarification, and requesting information. Excellent listening skills, and the ability to provide and receive effective feedback.
- Sound knowledge of Client Service standards and processes, to provide effective Client Service delivery and ensure that Client requests are handled in a timely, courteous and accurate manner.
- Strong general office administration skills, time management and prioritization skills, and clerical skills. Familiarity with standard office equipment and business processes.
- Punctual, responsible, and reliable. Demonstrated record of professional conduct, character, and strong work ethic.
- Pleasant and courteous: demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the organization.
- Proficient de-escalation skills. Ability to surmount internal and external job pressures. Proven ability to respond to sensitive and confidential matters with tact, discretion, and excellent judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Superior attention to detail, and organized, methodical approach to completion of tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently and collaboratively, and liaise effectively with a wide and diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated successful experience of prioritizing work, making decisions and communicating with others within a values framework of respect, equity, anti-racism, diversity and inclusivity.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work 100% onsite, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment responsibilities.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Satisfactory Background Checks, Technical and Language Skills Evaluations, and Employment References.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Please note that Marberg Staffing only accepts applications through Indeed.ca, LinkedIn and marberg.com.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 1912
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Administrative, Bilingual, Government
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 29
Date Updated 08/03/2023