Bilingual Information Officer for provincial government Ministry Client, downtown Toronto.
Marberg Job Number: 1596.
Job Type: Temporary.
Initial Term: May 26, 2022 to September 30, 2022.
Compensation: $31.10 per hour.
Recommended Application Date: Immediately – please note that we are screening and shortlisting Candidates immediately and qualified applications may be contacted same day as date of application.
Work Hours: 7.25 work hours per day, not including unpaid 1 hour lunch break, to be worked during regular business hours, Monday to Friday (36.25 work hours per week).
Work Location: 100% onsite at Client’s downtown Toronto office near TTC Station.
Dress Code: Business Casual Dress; Facemask to be worn in designated areas of Client facilities as required; Non-Scented Personal Products Workplace Policy in effect.
To respond to phone, email and mail inquiries related to the court system in Ontario, and provide additional administrative and clerical support services as required, utilizing provided FAQ templates, training and reference materials. Will be communicating in both French and English, both verbally and in writing.
- Receive, record and respond to a range of written and verbal inquiries from various justice participants including courts, policy branch staff, Ontario Provincial Police, and members of the general public.
- Provide client services to court jurisdictions across the province as required.
- Ensure security and confidentiality of all information in accordance with Freedom of Information requirements, and other Acts, statutes, policies, memorandums of understanding, and contractual agreements as directed.
- Assist with additional administrative, records management and clerical tasks as required, in compliance with relevant Acts, statutes, policies and protocols.
Education: Post Secondary Degree or Diploma in legal administration, public administration, communications, or related discipline; or applicable combination of work experience and education.
Technical Skills Requirements:
- Advanced level oral and written French language skills and English language skills (will be tested).
- Strong business writing skills and polished, professional telephone manners in both French and English languages.
- Proficiency in MSWord, Excel and Outlook (will be tested).
- Fast and accurate typing and data entry skills (will be tested).
- Familiarity with database systems including Oracle and web based applications.
- Familiarity with encryption software.
- General overall proficiency and familiarity with computer, telephony and peripheral equipment related to a contact centre and office environment.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Demonstrated, superior ability to read, comprehend and apply legal, policy, contractual and procedural information as directed.
- Demonstrated understanding of communications protocols for responding to public inquiries from a wide range of stakeholders, at all levels of seniority.
- Demonstrated ability to clarify and explain detailed, multi-step procedures and protocols, referencing related Acts and statutes.
- Demonstrated understanding of established protocols for records retention and handling of confidential documents in compliance with Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
- Knowledge of French Language Services Act and Ontarians with Disabilities Act in order to effectively liaise with members of the public, senior managers and various justice participants in accordance with these Acts.
- Self starter: punctual, responsible and reliable. Demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the organization.
- Pleasant and courteous: able to work well both independently and cooperatively as part of a team and liaise effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Proficient de-escalation skills. Ability to surmount internal and external job pressures.
- Proven ability to professionally handle confidential information and exercise good judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Superior attention to detail, and organized, methodical approach to completion of tasks.
- Excellent listening skills: ability to provide and receive professional, effective feedback.
- Demonstrated successful experience of prioritizing work, making decisions and communicating with others within a values framework of respect, equity, anti-racism, diversity and inclusivity.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work 100% onsite, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment responsibilities prior to assignment start.
- Ability to complete a satisfactory Provincial Government security check, which may include a Fingerprint Check prior to assignment start. Please note that Marberg will reimburse for the cost of the Fingerprint Check upon your acceptance of Assignment Offer and submission of approved Expense Receipts.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Provision of certification of full COVID-19 vaccination series prior to assignment start.
- Satisfactory additional Background Checks, Education and Credentials Verification, French and English Language Fluency Assessments, Technical Skills Evaluations, and Employment References as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Aboriginal people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 1596
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Bilingual, Government
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 31.1
Date Updated 07/05/2022