BI Developer and Analyst for provincial government agency client, downtown Toronto.
Marberg Job Number: 2088
Job Type: Temp to Perm.
Initial Term: ASAP to March 29, 2024, with possibility of full time-permanent hire.
Compensation: From $48.50 per hour to $52.50 per hour, according to experience.
Recommended Application Date: Immediately – please note that we are screening and shortlisting Candidates immediately and qualified applications may be contacted same day as date of application.
Regular Work Hours: FULL TIME HOURS – 7.0 work hours per day not including 1 hour unpaid lunch break, to be worked during regular business hours, Monday to Friday (35.0 work hours per week).
Work Location: Hybrid – combination of 2 days remote-based and 3 days onsite at client’s downtown Toronto office, on PATH and near TTC station.
Lead and direct complex data projects, proactively communicating with senior management, and playing a key leadership role in profiling Branch business activities, measuring progress on fulfillment of Branch mandate and goals, and providing compiled, analyzed data in support of strategic planning, program implementation and program performance measurement.
- Act as point of contact for information related to report development, data management, and data analytics including research and resolution of any issues. Determine solutions, develop and prepare reports, and present results. Participate in data governance and management meetings.
- Work with variety of stakeholders to define business requirements, identify available data assets, and iteratively build compelling and highly usable dashboards and reports, allowing business stakeholders to consume data in an intuitive manner, and execute on business decisions.
- Build and leverage reporting that utilizes data pipelines to provide actionable insights into operational activities, efficiencies, and other key business performance metrics.
- Establish strong understanding of data entities, and their contextual relationship with business needs. Implement strong data gathering and analytics. Proactively identify new data points, data requirements, trends and issues, and develop solutions and strategic KPIs.
- Identify system updates and upgrades. Conduct system performance testing, rolling out with pilot group prior to broader user community. Train and communicate changes to users. Proactively obtain feedback from the end users and address as needed.
- Develop and maintain branch-wide management information systems, databases, business intelligence tools, identifying opportunities to increase efficiencies and strengthen data integrity. Draft and maintain procedural documentation to ensure continuity and consistency of work product. Research and recommend metrics and processes to ensure consistency with industry best practices, and implementation of a perpetual improvement model.
- Additional BI Developer and Analyst/Advisory responsibilities as required.
Education: Post Secondary Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline.
Professional Credentials: Successful completion of Python, R Tableau and/or Cognos courses and certifications preferred.
Preferred Work Experience: At least 5+ years of relevant experience in Business Intelligence and Reporting.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Demonstrated expertise working with data (structured and unstructured); and business intelligence, analytics and reporting tools such as Crystal Reports, Cognos, Tableau, PowerBI, Python, Microsoft Azure or other SQL platforms.
- Experience with Data Warehousing, ETL, Data Management, and Cloud Environments preferred.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Azure Synapse analytics an asset.
- Strong English communication skills, including advanced level business and technical writing skills, and verbal presentation skills suitable to diverse audiences, both technical and non-technical.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Operational experience working with a variety of business data sets, and deriving KPIs/Metrics.
- Experience analyzing large volumes of data from a variety of sources, and formulating into simple, complete and concise qualitative and quantitative formats.
- Demonstrated record of professional conduct and character. Responsible, reliable and works to deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work well both independently and collaboratively, and in an advisory capacity, and liaise effectively with a wide and diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated team leadership skills, with the ability to motivate and engage with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders, at all levels of seniority.
- Proven ability to respond to sensitive and confidential matters with tact, discretion, and excellent judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Demonstrated ability to apply project management principles, methodologies and best practices.
- Strong relationship management skills including client and vendor relations management, business networking, negotiation, change management and consulting/advisory skills.
- Demonstrated successful experience of prioritizing work, making decisions and communicating with others within a values framework of respect, equity, anti-racism, diversity and inclusivity.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work both remotely and onsite, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to promptly provide 3 qualified employment references upon request who are available to speak with either Marberg or Marberg’s client.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment responsibilities.
- Ability to complete a satisfactory Provincial Government security check, including a Fingerprint Check, prior to assignment start. Please note that Marberg will reimburse for the cost of the security checks upon confirmation of assignment start and submission of approved expense receipts.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Additional satisfactory Background Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations, and Employment References as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 2088
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Business Operations, Government, Systems and IT
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 48.5
Date Updated 05/10/2023