Audit Project Manager for a Provincial Government Ministry located in Downtown Toronto.
Job Posted: September 4, 2019
Job Type: Full-Time Temporary
Job #: 419
- Carry out audit planning tasks and plans and coordinate audit projects in conformance with professional and audit standards.
- Perform individually and/or supervise Risk and Assurance Consultants and other audit staff in completing audit procedures; identify and define issues; develop criteria, review and analyze evidence and document client processes and procedures.
- Develop audit methodology, scope of assurance projects, resource requirements, terms of reference and work plans to identify ministry risks and measure the achievement of ministry business objectives.
- Lead and/or contribute to the communication and negotiation of audit findings through the review of draft reports with clients and audit management, presenting issues to clients and negotiating cost-beneficial and practical recommendations.
- Provide team leadership to multi-disciplinary teams through resource allocation and monitoring of projects, provision of technical guidance, training and coaching, review of peer files and the resolution of problems within the broad framework of ministry and strategic plans and directions.
- Provide expertise, advice, and consulting services to assist clients in the development, use and evaluation of risk management and control strategies for current or proposed operations, processes, policies and programs.
- Evaluate client needs to identify and market consulting & education services to improve strategic/operational planning, business processes, organizational design.
- Consult with audit management and clients to develop the frameworks to be used in describing the ministry’s risk management strategies.
- 5 years of relevant experience in audit project management.
- Generally accepted auditing standards, accounting principles, audit practices and methodologies to plan, co-ordinate and lead audit projects such as: compliance, financial management, value for money, forensic and special investigations.
- Generally accepted risk management frameworks and principles, practices, standards, methodologies, and contemporary advancements in the field to manage the ministry’s risk management services and to provide advice and expertise to senior management in such principles and practices as: governance and risk management and accountability, performance management and quality management systems and mitigation strategies.
- Project management methodology to manage the planning and conduct of several concurrent projects within budget and target date.
- Business, programs, policies and legislative authorities unique to client groups to ensure the legislative and statutory requirements that effect client business, programs and services are addressed in all audits.
- Consulting and education techniques to provide consulting and educational services to clients and to provide expertise and advice on various control and risk assessment strategies and processes.
- Knowledge of computer applications, controls and computer assisted audit techniques to extract and analyze information contained in computer programs; word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, e-mail and database applications.
- Oral and written communication skills to prepare audit reports and present findings, prepare briefing notes, House Book notes, issues analysis and responses to FOI requests.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job ID: 419
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Accounting and Payroll
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 50
Date Updated 04/09/2019