Appeal Services Officer – Bilingual
Appeal services officer– bilingual, required for government agency located in downtown Toronto.
Job type: Temporary, full time hours, initial term 6 months
Work location: Downtown Toronto office
- Conduct initial review of case documentation to prepare appeal for processing
- Process, monitor and update case files in database
- Create/maintain a pool of “Hearing Ready” case files
- Facilitate dormant/inactive appeals processing
- Correspond with applicants to ensure all required information is in place
- Ensure information privacy protection protocols are in place
- Thorough knowledge of legal and appeal processes
- Familiarity with Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
- Excellent written and oral communications skills – both English and French – for dealing with applicants and internal staff
- Experience in a position where diplomacy and tact are integral to customer service
- Skilled in MS Office and electronic database systems, to enter, search and manipulate data
- Superior organization skills to manage significant volume of cases.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Job ID: 1006
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Bilingual, Government, Legal
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 25.84
Date Updated 12/14/2020