Agile Business Analyst – Accessibility for provincial government agency client, North York.
Marberg Job Number: 2071.
Job Type: Temporary,
Initial Term: ASAP to March 29, 2024.
Target Compensation: From $42 per hour to $52 per hour, according to experience.
Recommended Application Date: Immediately – please note that we are screening and shortlisting Candidates immediately and qualified applications may be contacted same day as date of application.
Regular Work Hours: 7.25 work hours per day not including 1 hour unpaid lunch break, to be worked during regular business hours, Monday to Friday (36.25 work hours per week).
Work Location: 100% onsite at client’s North York office, short distance from TTC station, and with free parking provided.
Advise and guide key organization stakeholders, including designers, developers, testers, business analysts and product owners, and third-party project vendors, on digital accessibility principles, best practices, technical implementation techniques, manual and automated accessibility testing, and remediation techniques and methods.
- Facilitate stakeholder meetings to gather requirements, refine and document use cases, business rules, scenarios, data needs, and other functional and non-functional systems requirements needed for accessibility improvements.
- Analyze existing processes, create process maps and workflow documents and develop inclusive solution designs that remove barriers and ensure a positive user experience for all users.
- Write clear, concise and technically sound user stories and acceptance criteria and associated deliverables such as process flows and test cases to meet development and stakeholder needs.
- Conduct web accessibility testing against Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 success criteria (Levels A, AA and AAA) using assistive technologies, and create web accessibility compliance reports for applications and services.
- Support end-user UAT activities and review test results to ensure accessibility specifications/requirements have been met.
- Additional review, analysis and advisory responsibilities as required.
Education: Post Secondary Education and/or Certification in Business Analysis from a recognized college or university.
Professional Credentials: Web Accessibility Certification.
Preferred Work Experience: At least 3+ years of demonstrated, hands-on experience making accessibility improvements to legacy systems and creating conformant new digital applications and content.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Demonstrated, hands-on experience conducting web accessibility testing against WCAG 2.0 Level AA success criteria using assistive technologies and testing tools, including JAWS, NVDA, Wave, Nu HTML, Colour Contrast Analyzers, aChecker.
- Proficiency with front-end development technologies (e.g. HTML5, CCS3, Bootstrap, Angular) to build web applications conforming to WCAG 2.0.
- Proficiency with Jira and other Agile tools.
- Proficiency in MSOffice, including Word, PowerPoint, Visio and SharePoint.
- Strong English communication skills, including advanced level business and technical writing skills, and verbal presentation skills suitable to a diverse range of audiences.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Sound knowledge of current Accessibility Standards and AODA legislation.
- Excellent knowledge and awareness of disabilities including visual, auditory, physical, speech, cognitive, language, learning, and neurological.
- Demonstrated experience or certification in Agile, Scrum or Hybrid IT delivery methodologies.
- Demonstrated use-case creation and documentation, storyboarding and creation of testable requirements.
- Demonstrated record of professional conduct and character. Responsible, reliable and works to deadlines.
- Demonstrated team leadership skills, with the ability to motivate and engage with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders, at all levels of seniority.
- Proven ability to respond to sensitive and confidential matters with tact, discretion, and excellent judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Demonstrated ability to apply project management principles, methodologies and best practices.
- Strong relationship management skills including client and vendor relations management, business networking, negotiation, change management and consulting/advisory skills.
- Demonstrated successful experience of prioritizing work, making decisions and communicating with others within a values framework of respect, equity, anti-racism, diversity and inclusivity.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work 100% onsite, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment / position responsibilities.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Satisfactory Background Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations, and Employment References.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 2071
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Business Operations, Government, Systems and IT
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 42
Date Updated 09/13/2023