Administrative Coordinator for Communications Department, provincial government regulatory client, downtown Toronto.
Marberg Job Number: 1706.
Job Type: Temporary.
Initial Term: ASAP for approximately 6 months, with possibility of additional extension or direct-hire.
Compensation: $26 per hour.
Regular Work Hours: 7.25 work hours per day, not including unpaid 1 hour lunch break, to be worked during regular business hours, Monday to Friday (36.25 work hours per week). Occasional paid overtime may be required during peak periods.
Work Location: Hybrid; 1 day remote-work; 4 days onsite at Client’s downtown Toronto office, on PATH near TTC Station.
Onsite Dress Code: Corporate or Business Casual Dress; Non-Scented Personal Products Workplace Policy in effect.
Provide administrative, coordinative, and communications support services to Communications Department, processing high volume of information and case files to strict deadlines.
- Coordinate intake, tracking, allocation, review, approval and distribution of responses to external submissions and requests, in compliance with applicable legislation and mandated timeframes.
- Coordinate submission compliance verification procedures.
- Prepare correspondence related to submissions review, and maintain effective contact with all parties involved in the review process.
- Coordinate and ensure timely and accurate distribution of Annual Reports and other information.
- Coordinate and track translation and ISBN requests for Annual Reports and Special Reports.
- Provide additional communications support services as needed, including proofreading, cross-checking changes to documents format and content, and making minor edits to finalize reports.
- Assist with production of internal E-newsletter.
- Additional administrative, coordinative, research, and documents review and production responsibilities as required.
Education: Post secondary Degree or Diploma in business administration, public administration, corporate communications, or related field.
Preferred Work Experience: At least 3+ years of experience in office administration and documents production. Corporate communications and public sector experience an asset.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook (will be tested).
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe Acrobat (will be tested).
- Strong data entry and typing skills (will be tested).
- Advanced English communication skills, both written and verbal, including strong business writing skills and excellent grasp of spelling, grammar, proofreading and syntax (will be tested).
- Familiarity with Adobe InDesign and e-marketing platforms an asset.
- Fluency in French, both written and verbal, an asset.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Knowledge of Canadian government operational structures, policies, procedures and best practices.
- Knowledge of corporate communications best practices and Canadian media landscape.
- Excellent records and information management skills. Proven ability to professionally handle confidential information and exercise good judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Self starter: punctual, responsible and reliable, with the ability to prioritize tasks effectively and work to due dates.
- Pleasant and courteous: demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the organization.
- Superior attention to detail, and organized, methodical approach to completion of tasks.
- Advanced organizational, coordinative and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize work effectively for self and others, meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently and collaboratively as part of a team, and liaise effectively with a wide and diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated successful experience of prioritizing work, making decisions and communicating with others within a values framework of respect, equity, anti-racism, diversity and inclusivity.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work both remotely and onsite as required, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment responsibilities.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Provision of certification of full COVID-19 vaccination series prior to assignment start.
- Satisfactory Background Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations, and Employment References.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 1706
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Administrative, Communications and Marketing, Government
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 26
Date Updated 08/20/2022