Administrative Coordinator supporting Director’s office and Branch business operations. Provincial government ministry client, downtown Toronto office.
Marberg Job Number: 1377.
Job Type: Temporary, initial term December 6, 2021 to May 31, 2022, with possibility of extension.
Compensation: $28.89/hr to $31.65/hr.
Work Location: Combination of remote and onsite work at client’s downtown Toronto office.
- Reporting to Branch Director, position provides comprehensive administrative support to all Branch operational areas.
- Maintains Director’s appointment calendar; schedules meetings, video and teleconferences; contacts participants; makes travel and accommodation arrangements; prepares and distributes agendas and briefing materials; drafts follow-up notes and other materials for approval; and attends and minutes some meetings directly.
- Monitors, codes, prioritizes, re-directs and responds to Director’s emails on a daily basis, bringing urgent matters to the Director’s attention and following up with appropriate staff as required.
- Maintains Director’s bring-forward and briefing system. Keeps track of Branch due dates, follows up with relevant parties and notifies Director of possible problems or delays.
- Provides full range of word processing services including correspondence, reports, spreadsheets, graphics and presentations using relevant computer software, ensuring perfect grammar, spelling and syntax and clear, polished formatting.
- Maintains Branch mailing lists and hard copy and digital filing systems. Manages corporate credit cards, Branch TTC tokens, Shared Drive Access, expense claim reconciliation, and maintenance of office equipment and supplies. Ensures signatures and approvals are obtained as needed.
- Acts as primary Branch liaison, receiving and recording incoming correspondence and notifications and responding to inquiries and requests from other ministries, and internal and external clients and stakeholders as required.
- Provides back-up support to Branch reception desk for absences or peak workload periods.
- Handles confidential HR administration for the Branch, including processing HR forms related to hiring, secondments, departures, maternity leaves, and absences; preparing staff vacation and training schedules for approval; and processing performance and learning plan documentation for review, approval and submission to central HR Branch.
- Additional administrative, documents processing and coordinative responsibilities in support of Branch operations.
Education: Post Secondary Degree or Diploma requiring strong writing skills.
Preferred Experience: At least 5+ years of responsible, progressive Business Administration experience supporting a high activity, high profile team. Familiarity with public sector corporate environment an asset.
Technical Skills Requirements:
- Advanced proficiency in MSOffice, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook (will be tested).
- Fast and accurate typing and data entry speed (will be tested).
- Strong business writing skills including excellent spelling, grammar and proofreading skills (will be tested).
- Proficiency with Adobe Acrobat, Sharepoint and MSProject an asset.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Advanced organizational, coordinative and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize work effectively for self and others, meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Proven ability to professionally handle confidential information.
- Superior interpersonal skills: excellent listening skills; ability to work cooperatively within a team and liaise effectively with a diverse stakeholder group.
- Proficient English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Superior attention to detail, and organized, methodical approach to completion of tasks.
- Proven ability to respond to sensitive matters with tact, discretion, and excellent judgement. Demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the organization.
- Demonstrated successful experience of prioritizing work, making decisions and communicating with others within a values framework of respect, equity, anti-racism, diversity and inclusivity.
- Satisfactory Background Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations, Employment References and COVID Clearance as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Job ID: 1377
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Administrative, Government
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 28.89
Date Updated 11/22/2021