Administrative Coordinator – Information Management for provincial government ministry client, downtown Toronto.
Marberg Job Number: 2110.
Job Type: Temporary.
Initial Term: November 6, 2023 to March 31, 2024.
Compensation: $29.07 per hour.
Recommended Application Date: Immediately – please note that we are screening and shortlisting Candidates immediately and qualified applications may be contacted same day as date of application.
Regular Work Hours: FULL TIME WORK HOURS – 7.25 work hours per day, not including unpaid .75 hour lunch break, to be worked during regular business hours, Monday to Friday (36.25 work hours per week).
Work Location: Hybrid – combination of 2 days remote and 3 days onsite at Client’s downtown Toronto office, near TTC station. Onsite work expectations subject always to client business requirements, and may change according to client business need.
Provide range of administrative coordinative services to Information Management Business Unit, including HR administration, financial administration, and project administration support.
- Develop and implement effective administrative processes and procedures.
- Coordinate time tracking and approvals, reporting, process management, training and other administrative activities.
- Track and maintain budgets and expenditures. Prepare reports, analysis, correspondence, journal entries, and presentation materials.
- Support operational projects as assigned, including monitoring project implementation progress, priorities, and deliverables.
- Liaise and maintain relationships with a broad variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Additional administrative responsibilities as required.
Education: Post Secondary Degree or Diploma in related discipline, or applicable combination of work experience and education.
Preferred Work Experience: Approximately 3+ years of related administrative work experience in a professional office environment.
Preferred Sector Experience: Public Sector experience preferred.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Proficiency in MSOffice, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint (will be tested).
- Strong typing and data entry skills (will be tested).
- Proficient English communication skills, both written and verbal, including strong business writing skills and professional verbal presentation skills suitable for a range of audiences.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Demonstrated record of professional conduct and character. Responsible, reliable and works to deadlines.
- Pleasant and courteous: demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the organization.
- Proven ability to professionally handle confidential information and exercise good judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Superior attention to detail, and organized, methodical approach to completion of tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently, collaboratively, and in an advisory capacity, and liaise effectively with a wide and diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Advanced organizational, coordinative and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize work effectively for self and others, meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to apply project management principles, methodologies and best practices.
- Demonstrated successful experience of prioritizing work, making decisions and communicating with others within a values framework of respect, equity, anti-racism, diversity and inclusivity.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work both remotely and onsite as required, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment responsibilities prior to assignment start.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Satisfactory Background Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations, and Employment References as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 2110
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Administrative, Government
Number Of Positions 2
Pay Rate 29.07
Date Updated 10/27/2023