Administrative Coordinator for provincial government agency client, downtown Toronto.
Marberg Job Number: 2105.
Job Type: Temporary.
Initial Term: November 20, 2023 to May 17, 2024, with possibility of additional extension.
Compensation: $28.36 Per Hour.
Regular Work Hours: FULL TIME HOURS – 7.0 work hours per day, not including unpaid 1 hour lunch break, to be worked during regular business hours, Monday to Friday (35 hours per week).
Work Location: Hybrid – combination of remote-based and onsite work, with 3 days per week required onsite at Client’s downtown Toronto office, on TTC line.
To provide specialized administrative support services to management and staff.
- Coordinate and manage calendar and email for management and designated team members, including scheduling meetings and resolving scheduling issues as appropriate.
- Coordinate travel arrangements, including booking airfare, accommodation, ground transportation etc., ensuring costs are within prescribed budget and policy limits. Initiate approvals for exceptions.
- Screen and triage internal and external inquiries received by phone and email, responding to routine and non-routine inquiries.
- Maintain specialized files in compliance with established records management policies.
- Provide technical assistance to unit staff on system processes, escalating issues to IT as required.
- Prepare expense claim submissions for travel and training related expenses.
- Perform standard calculations to compile and report statistics.
- Track business unit expenses and training budget and provide updates to budget owner.
- Prepare standard and specialized documents, notices, and materials based on templates and general guidelines.
- Prepare designated reports and presentations by compiling content, developing charts, graphs and tables based on computation of statistical data, proof reading, formatting, and printing materials.
- Research articles, publications and papers and prepare summaries of relevant information and key issues as background information for management.
- Update databases and electronic document management systems.
- Additional administrative coordinative responsibilities as required.
Education: Post Secondary Degree or Diploma in related discipline, or applicable combination of work experience and education.
Preferred Work Experience: At least 3+ years of senior administrative support experience in a professional office environment.
Preferred Sector Experience: Public Sector experience is an asset.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (will be tested).
- Strong typing and data entry skills (will be tested).
- Proficient English communication skills, both written and verbal, including strong business writing skills and excellent spelling, grammar, proofreading and syntax.
Task-Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Demonstrated record of professional conduct and character. Responsible, reliable and works to deadlines.
- Proven ability to professionally handle confidential information and exercise good judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Pleasant and courteous: demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the organization.
- Proficient de-escalation skills. Ability to surmount internal and external job pressures. Excellent listening skills, and the ability to provide and receive effective feedback.
- Advanced organizational, coordinative and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize work effectively for self and others, meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to work well both independently and collaboratively, and liaise effectively with a wide and diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated successful experience of prioritizing work, making decisions and communicating with others within a values framework of respect, equity, anti-racism, diversity and inclusivity.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work both remotely and onsite as required, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to provide 3 qualified employment references who are available to speak with promptly upon request, and may be contacted by either Marberg or the Client.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment responsibilities.
- Ability to complete a satisfactory Provincial Government security check, including a Fingerprint Check, prior to assignment start. Please note that Marberg will reimburse for the cost of the security checks upon confirmation of assignment start and submission of approved expense receipts.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Additional satisfactory Background Checks and Technical Skills Evaluations as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 2105
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Administrative, Government
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 28.36
Date Updated 10/19/2023