Administrative Clerk for federal government client, in downtown Toronto.
Marberg Job Number: 1891.
Job Type: Temporary.
Initial Term: March 1, 2023 to December 31, 2023.
Compensation: $18 per hour.
Recommended Application Date: Immediately – please note that we are screening and shortlisting Candidates immediately and qualified applications may be contacted same day as date of application.
Regular Work Hours: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm not including unpaid 30 minute lunch break, Monday to Friday (37.5 work hours per week).
Work Location: Onsite at downtown Toronto office, on PATH near Union and GO Stations.
Administer security card access system and issue security cards to onsite personnel. Act as dedicated onsite security services contact for all staff, contractors and visitors during regular business hours.
- Maintain security access control system, profiles, and inventory of all access control cards (visitor cards, employee cards, contractor cards).
- Create new access cards for employees and contractors.
- Troubleshoot inoperative access cards and address access card issues, including reporting and replacement of lost or stolen cards.
- Act as dedicated onsite point of contact for all security access card matters and inquiries. Record, resolve, or escalate any physical security access issues to senior security services staff as required.
- Additional security access administration and clerical tasks as required.
Education: Highschool Diploma.
Preferred Work Experience: 1+ years of related clerical and administrative processing experience.
Preferred Sector Experience: Experience in onsite security access administration preferred.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Strong data entry skills (will be tested).
- Working proficiency in MSOffice, including Word, Excel and Outlook (may be tested).
- General familiarity with office equipment, systems and protocols.
- Proficient English communication skills, both written and verbal, and professional telephone manners.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Punctual, responsible, and reliable. Demonstrated record of professional conduct and strong work ethic.
- Pleasant and courteous: demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the organization.
- Superior attention to detail, and organized, methodical approach to completion of tasks.
- Proven ability to professionally handle confidential information and exercise good judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Ability to work well both independently and collaboratively as part of a team and liaise effectively with a wide and diverse range of stakeholders.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to initiate a Federal Government security check, including a Fingerprint Check upon confirmation of Application. Please note that Marberg will reimburse for the cost of the Fingerprint Check upon confirmation of Assignment Start, and submission of approved Expense Receipts.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment responsibilities.
- Ability to work onsite, abiding by organizational health and safety policies.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Additional satisfactory Security Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations, and Employment References as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Please note that Marberg Staffing only accepts applications through Indeed.ca, LinkedIn and marberg.com.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 1891
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Clerical, Government
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 18
Date Updated 02/13/2023