Administrative Assistant to Project Team, Not-for-Profit Social Services agency client, downtown Toronto.
Marberg Job Number: 1591.
Job Type: Temporary.
Initial Term: May 10, 2022 for an initial term of 6 months, with possibility of extension.
Compensation: $29.97 per hour.
Work Hours: 7 work hours per day not including 1 hour unpaid lunch, Monday to Friday (35 work hours per week).
Work Location: 100% onsite at Client’s downtown Toronto office, near TTC station.
Dress Code: Business or Neat Casual Dress; Facemask to be worn in designated areas of client facilities as required; Non-Scented Personal Products Workplace Policy in effect.
To provide administrative and project support to social services special projects team.
- Receive, record and relay phone and email messages to appropriate staff members. Personally respond to routine calls and email inquiries.
- Assist with locating, and coordinating the provision of financial resources to the clients of the program, utilizing social media and other research sources.
- Maintain internal databases including entering and updating verbal, electronic and hardcopy information, and scanning and uploading hardcopy and electronic documents.
- Maintain tracking forms and spreadsheets on MSExcel and prepare statistics and other financial reports.
- Compose, type and format correspondence and documentation from handwritten notes, verbal or dicta instruction for signature and distribution. Complete and populate forms and templates as required.
- Maintain and update electronic and hardcopy filing systems; forward documents to Corporate Records Department as directed. Conduct information, electronic and online records searches as required. Retrieve and re-file hard copy information as required.
- Additional administrative, coordinative, research, clerical and project support responsibilities as required.
Education: Secondary School Diploma, with emphasis on Business Administration courses.
Preferred Work Experience: At least 2+ years of progressive administrative experience supporting a busy operational team, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Sector Experience: Work experience from the not-for-profit sector, public sector, broader public sector, social services, or health sector is an asset.
Technical Skills Requirements:
- Strong proficiency in MSOffice, including Excel, Word and Outlook (will be tested).
- Fast and accurate typing and data entry skills (will be tested).
- Proficiency with database systems.
- Proficiency with social media and other online research methodologies.
- Proficient English communication skills, both written and verbal, including strong business writing skills and polished, professional telephone manners.
- Proficiency in a second language a strong asset.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Self starter: punctual, responsible and reliable, with the ability to prioritize tasks effectively and work to due dates.
- Pleasant and courteous: able to work well both independently and cooperatively as part of a team and liaise effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders. Demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the organization.
- Proficient de-escalation skills. Ability to surmount internal and external job pressures.
- Proven ability to professionally handle confidential information and exercise good judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Superior attention to detail, and organized, methodical approach to completion of tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to apply project management principles, methodologies and best practices.
- Excellent listening skills: ability to provide and receive professional, effective feedback.
- Demonstrated successful experience of prioritizing work, making decisions and communicating with others within a values framework of respect, equity, anti-racism, diversity and inclusivity.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to 100% work onsite, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Provision of certification of full COVID-19 vaccination series prior to assignment start.
- Satisfactory Background Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations, and Employment References.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Aboriginal people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 1591
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Administrative, Not for Profit
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 29.97
Date Updated 04/29/2022