Administrative Assistant – Part Time Hours for consulting firm client, midtown.
This part-time administrative support position is ideal for someone looking to balance work with school or family responsibilities. Easy access location near Yonge & Eglinton.
Marberg Job Number: 2068.
Job Type: Temporary.
Initial Term: ASAP to November 3, 2023, with possibility for extension.
Target Compensation: $20 to $25 per hour, according to experience.
Recommended Application Date: Immediately – please note that we are screening and shortlisting candidates immediately and qualified applications may be contacted same day as date of application.
Regular Work Hours: PART-TIME WORK HOURS – approx. 20 work hours per week, to be worked either as three 7-hour work days (not including unpaid 1 hour lunch break), or as five 4-hour work days. Work hours will be between 9 am and 5 pm, Monday to Friday.
Work Location: 100% onsite at Client’s midtown office, near TTC station.
Provide a range of administrative, word-processing, and clerical support services to research and consulting team.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail, sort and file documents, and deliver bank deposits.
- Manage front desk/reception duties, including answering routine inbound calls and transferring to appropriate staff.
- Format large technical documents in MSWord, tracking edits and version changes between multiple collaborators.
- Perform data entry as needed.
- Additional administrative responsibilities as required.
Education: Post Secondary Degree or Diploma.
Preferred Work Experience: At least 1+ year(s) of progressive, related work and/or academic experience. Professional office experience preferred.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Strong proficiency using MSOffice applications, including Word, SharePoint, Outlook, and Excel (will be tested).
- Efficient and accurate typing/data entry skills (will be tested).
- Familiarity with Adobe Acrobat (may be tested).
- Proficient English communication skills, both written and verbal, including strong business writing skills and polished, professional telephone manners.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Punctual, responsible, and reliable. Demonstrated record of professional conduct.
- Focused and able to work effectively with minimal direction and supervision, to prioritize tasks effectively, and to manage volume targets and due dates.
- Pleasant and courteous: demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the organization.
- Proven ability to professionally handle confidential information.
- Superior attention to detail, and organized, methodical approach to completion of tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently, collaboratively, and liaise effectively with a wide and diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated successful experience of prioritizing work, making decisions and communicating with others within a values framework of respect, equity, anti-racism, diversity and inclusivity.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work 100% onsite, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment responsibilities prior to assignment start.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Provision of certification of full COVID-19 vaccination series prior to assignment start, subject to reasonable accommodation per the Ontario Human Rights Code.
- Satisfactory Background Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations, and Employment References as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 2068
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 25
Date Updated 11/09/2023