Administrative Assistant, Community Service Not-for-Profit, Toronto Office.
Marberg Job #1164.
Job Type: Temporary, starting June 7, 2021 for approximately 12 months.
Work Hours: Regular Day Time Hours
Work Location: Onsite, at our client’s downtown Toronto office, near TTC station.
Compensation: $27.23/hr to $29.96/hr.
- Receives, forwards and responds to general telephone inquiries from the public, clients, suppliers, staff and external stakeholders. Records and relays information as required and directly handles routine calls and inquiries.
- Updates and creates intake records into confidential service database. Scans and uploads hard copy documents.
- Transcribes correspondence from written or dictated material.
- Creates, updates and formats various documents and processing forms from templates. Drafts routine correspondence for signature from templates.
- Prepares and updates reports and statistical records from databases and spreadsheets.
- Maintains confidential hard copy filing system, retrieving and forwarding documents from or to Central Records Department as required.
- Books meeting rooms, arranges for courier pickup/delivery, receives and distributes mail, and additional office maintenance duties as required.
- Assists other staff with basic technical/software support.
- Administers expense requisitions and petty cash.
- Attends and participates in operational meetings and takes minutes as required.
- Additional clerical, administrative and reception/client service responsibilities as required, for both internal and external stakeholders and clients.
- Executes responsibilities in strict accordance with organization policy, Code of Ethics and best practices, including confidentiality, anti-oppression, anti-racism, health and safety, and all relevant legislation.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience and education.
- A professionally mature, reliable, responsible, punctual and thorough approach to work, with a willing, “can-do” attitude.
- Excellent business writing, spelling, grammar and proofreading skills, and overall attention to detail (will be tested).
- Fast and accurate typing speed of 50+ WPM (will be tested).
- High level of MSOffice proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) (will be tested).
- Demonstrates ability to work with confidential materials.
- Pleasant, professional communications and interpersonal skills and telephone manners.
- Commitment to highest standards of customer service and client care.
- Ability to work well within a busy team environment and liaise effectively and professionally with a wide range of external and internal stakeholders, including the general public.
- Flexible, willing attitude and ability to adapt quickly to changing needs, priorities and timelines.
- Ability to respond in a prompt, safe, compassionate and professional manner to escalated situations or people in a state of distress. Demonstrated good judgement, problem solving and de-escalation skills.
- Awareness of Social Justice issues and commitment to working within a framework of Equity and Anti-Black Racism.
- Proficiency in a second language an asset.
- Ability to commute to and work onsite, at our client’s secure office, with robust social distancing safety protocols in place.
- Satisfactory Vulnerable Sector security check and employment references.
- Satisfactory COVID Clearance and completion of Ontario government provided Health and Safety and AODA online courses.
URGENT/IMPORTANT: OUR CLIENT IS MOVING QUICKLY ON THIS SEARCH, SO IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS OPPORTUNITY, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME IMMEDIATELY.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Job ID: 1164
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Administrative, Not for Profit
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 27.23
Date Updated 02/06/2021