Administrative Assistant – intake department for Not-for-Profit, Community Service Agency in Downtown Toronto.
Marberg Job Number: 1434.
Job Type: Temporary.
Initial Term: January 17, 2022 to November 25, 2022, with possibility of extension.
Compensation: $29.97 hourly.
IMPORTANT: Work Hours: 7:30 AM to 3:30 PM.
Work Location: Onsite in downtown Toronto, near TTC station.
The Administrative Assistant will support the administrative needs of the Client Intake Department.
- Receive and screen telephone inquiries from the public, internal/external staff, and other stakeholders.
- Conduct information and personal records searches and create intake profiles in confidential database.
- Draft written or dictated information, such as memos, letters, schedules, lists, and minutes and other correspondence.
- Maintain reports and statistical records for case transactions.
- Participate in team and agency meetings including minuting meetings as required.
- Assist other staff with computer and technology applications.
- Maintain schedules of team meetings, supervision and case assignments.
- Prepare payment requisitions; handle petty cash and TTC fare distribution for clients as required.
- Additional intake and program support administration responsibilities as required.
Education: Postsecondary courses requiring strong writing skills.
Preferred Work Experience: 2+ years of recent administrative experience in a professional office setting, public or not-for-profit experience preferred.
Technical Skills Requirements:
- Excellent typing and data entry skills (will be tested).
- Advanced MSOffice applications, including Word. Excel and Outlook (will be tested).
- Proficient business writing skills (may be tested).
Task-Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Self starter. Punctual, responsible and reliable.
- Pleasant and courteous; able to work well both independently and cooperatively as part of a team and liaise effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Proficient de-escalation skills. Ability to surmount internal and external job pressures.
- Proven ability to professionally handle confidential information and exercise good judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Superior attention to detail, and organized, methodical approach to completion of tasks.
- Demonstrated successful experience of prioritizing work, making decisions and communicating with others within a values framework of respect, equity, diversity and inclusivity
- Verbal fluency in additional language(s) an asset.
- Ability to work 100% onsite, abiding by organization Health and Safety policies.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Provision of certification of full COVID-19 vaccination series prior to assignment start.
- Satisfactory Background Checks and Employment References and COVID Clearance as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Job ID: 1434
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Administrative, Not for Profit
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 29.97
Date Updated 10/01/2022