Administrative Assistant – Provincial Government Agency
Job Type: Temporary, initial term 3-6 months
Hours: 36.25 hours per week, regular business hours
Location: remote and onsite work (downtown Toronto office) as required.
- Performs the administrative work related to the day-to-day internal operations of an executive’s office.
- Attends meetings with senior staff of the division and with individuals or committees of other divisions or ministries; takes follow-up action on issues as required by senior management.
- Provides necessary support information to the executive’s offices concerning issues, meetings, briefing notes and other information as required as pertains to the division; liaises with senior staff and outside stakeholders as required.
- Co-ordinates the day to day administration and operations of the office of the executives ensuring that the office is functioning efficiently and effectively
- Prepares and composes correspondence, memos, reports and presentations.
- Maintains inventory of office supplies, orders supplies as required, maintains filing systems and prepares mail and courier materials, makes travel arrangements, schedules meetings and arranging conference calls.
- Handles highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Co-ordinates branch management schedules.
- Co-ordinates unit activities with other units and or administrative functions, e.g., human resources, finance, I.T.
- Drafts standard correspondence, e.g., briefing notes, memos, letters.
- Conducts background research on issues; prepares reports.
- Excellent administrative and communicative skills in order to undertake a variety of high profile, sensitive issues, draft correspondence and reports and effectively communicate and advise on problems and decisions between executives, senior management.
- Multi tasks, manages conflicting priorities.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills; experience in using computerized data bases (e.g., HR, financial, correspondence tracking, etc.).
- Judgment and discretion to handle confidential and sensitive issues.
- Oral and written communication skills for composing standard correspondence.
- Interpersonal skills to liaise with various clients, stakeholders (internal and external) and team members
- Organizational skills to establish priorities, co-ordinate and carry out responsibilities and meet deadlines.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Job ID: 872
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Administrative, Government
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 26.36
Date Updated 08/09/2020