Administrative Assistant for Not-for-Profit Agency
Job Type: Temporary, for a 12 month term
Hours: Regular day time hours, 35 hours per week
Location: required to work onsite and must be available to work at two consecutive locations: starting location near Bloor & Yonge; final location near Dufferin & Sheppard.
Compensation: $27-$29.45 per hour
- Screens and responds to telephone inquiries from internal and external stakeholders, vendors and the general public.
- Updates client intake information and documentation into an internal database.
- Produces variety of correspondence and other documents from templates and forms, from written or dictated information. Drafts meeting minutes and business correspondence.
- Prepares and updates reports and statistical records, using database/spreadsheet applications.
- Maintains and updates filing system; forwards documents for archiving as required.
- Books meeting rooms, manages calendars, arranges for courier service and additional coordinative tasks as required.
- Logs and distributes mail; scans, photocopies, files and processes records; additional clerical and data entry functions.
- Prepares payment requisitions; manages petty cash.
- Participates in team meetings.
- Acts as backup to the reception desk.
- Works in strict compliance with the agency’s code of ethics, and health and safety and best business practices and policies at all times.
- Additional administrative support functions as required.
- 2+ years relevant administrative support experience.
- Demonstrated commitment to punctuality, reliability and professionalism, and ability to work independently to meet position deliverables.
- Excellent customer service and follow up skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to professionally handle confidential information and work in an environment governed by strict protocols.
- Strong business writing skills.
- High level of proficiency in MSOffice suite (will be tested).
- Willing, helpful attitude and commitment to balancing multiple priorities in a busy, service driven team environment.
- Patience and empathy to communicate in a calm, pleasant and professional manner with a wide range of stakeholders and the general public.
- Fluency in a second language is an asset.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Job ID: 902
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Administrative, Not for Profit
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 27
Date Updated 10/02/2020