Administrative Assistant for not-for-profit community services client, Scarborough office.
Marberg Job Number: 2049.
Job Type: Temporary.
Initial Term: August 21, 2023 to May 31, 2024, including 11 week probationary period. Possibility of extension.
Compensation: $31.49 Per Hour.
Recommended Application Date: Immediately – please note that we are screening and shortlisting Candidates immediately and qualified applications may be contacted same day as date of application.
Regular Work Hours: FULL TIME HOURS – currently 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, not including 1 hour unpaid lunch break, Monday to Friday (35 work hours per week). Shift will change to 9 am to 5 pm not including 1 hour unpaid lunch after Labour Day.
Work Location: 100% onsite at Client’s Scarborough office, near TTC and GO stations.
Provide comprehensive range of administrative services in support of community services program and busy program team.
- Screen and respond to general telephone inquiries from the public, clients, suppliers, staff and external agency representatives.
- Access databases to update information, create intake files, and upload scanned documents.
- Draft and format memos, letters, schedules, lists, minutes and other documents from written or dictated information.
- Prepare and update reports and statistical records, using database/spreadsheet applications.
- Maintain and update filing system.
- Participate in team meetings and take minutes.
- Perform variety of administrative and clerical duties as required, including receiving, logging and distributing mail and faxes, placing advertisements, photocopying, scanning and faxing material; maintaining office supplies; booking rooms; scheduling meetings; managing calendars; arranging for couriers, and acting as backup for other administrative team members.
Education: Secondary School Diploma. Post-secondary education an asset.
Preferred Work Experience: At least 5+ years of recent administrative experience supporting a busy department or team.
Preferred Sector Experience: Not-For-Profit Sector experience is an asset.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook (will be tested).
- Strong typing and data entry skills (will be tested).
- Proficient English communication skills, both written and verbal, including satisfactory business writing skills and polished, professional telephone manners.
Task-Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Punctual, responsible, and reliable. Demonstrated record of professional conduct and strong work ethic.
- Pleasant and courteous: demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the organization.
- Proficient problem-solving and de-escalation skills. Ability to surmount internal and external job pressures.
- Proven ability to professionally handle confidential information and exercise good judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Superior attention to detail, and organized, methodical approach to completion of tasks.
- Advanced organizational, coordinative and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize work effectively for self and others, meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Demonstrated successful experience of prioritizing work, making decisions and communicating with others within a values framework of respect, equity, anti-racism, diversity and inclusivity.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work 100% onsite, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment responsibilities prior to assignment start.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Additional satisfactory Background Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations, and Employment References as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 2049
Location: Canada Ontario Scarborough
Category: Administrative, Not for Profit
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 31.49
Date Updated 08/08/2023