Accounts Receivable and Collections Coordinator for provincial government agency client, downtown Toronto.
Marberg Job Number: 2072.
Job Type: Temporary.
Initial Term: October 23 2023 to March 29 2024.
Compensation: $28.37 per hour.
Recommended Application Date: Immediately – please note that we are screening and shortlisting Candidates immediately and qualified applications may be contacted same day as date of application.
Regular Work Hours: 7.0 hours per day not including 1 hour unpaid lunch break, to be worked during regular business hours, Monday to Friday (35 work hours per week).
Work Location: Hybrid – combination of 2 days remote-based and 3 days onsite at our client’s downtown Toronto office, on PATH and near TTC station.
To administer all aspects of a high volume collections portfolio, including contacting relevant parties regarding overdue accounts, overseeing payment statuses, and assisting with determining future process improvements.
- Monitor and manage all collections and accounts receivable activity for designated collections portfolio.
- Conduct collection calls and process follow up correspondence.
- Issue reminder notices and collection letters.
- Coordinate and file accounts receivable payments, deposit reports and related payment documentation, and identify and address any deficiencies.
- Update systems to record returned cheques.
- Perform bank reconciliations.
- Provide overdue accounts reports and analysis.
- Additional collections and accounts receivable responsibilities as required.
Education: College Diploma in accounting, finance, business administration, or related discipline.
Preferred Work Experience: Approximately 2 years of accounting and reconciliations experience from an accounting department.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Advanced proficiency in MSExcel, including formulas and pivot tables and financial reports (will be tested).
- Excellent data entry skills (will be tested).
- Proficiency in MSDynamics Great Plains (will be tested).
- General proficiency in MSOffice applications including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook (may be tested).
- Demonstrated knowledge of generally accepted full cycle Accounts Receivable processes (may be tested).
- Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal, including advanced level business writing skills, excellent spelling, grammar, proofreading and syntax, and polished, professional telephone manners.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Experience handling a large collections portfolio.
- Demonstrated record of professional conduct and character. Responsible, reliable and works to deadlines.
- Focused and able to work effectively with minimal direction and supervision, to prioritize tasks effectively, and to manage volume targets and due dates.
- Pleasant and courteous. Demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the organization.
- Proficient de-escalation skills. Ability to surmount internal and external job pressures. Excellent listening skills, and the ability to provide and receive effective feedback.
- Proven ability to professionally handle confidential information and exercise good judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Superior attention to detail, and organized, methodical approach to completion of tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to work well both independently and collaboratively, and in an advisory capacity, and liaise effectively with a wide and diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work both remotely and onsite, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to promptly provide 3 qualified employment references upon request, who are available to speak with either Marberg or Marberg’s client.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment responsibilities.
- Ability to complete a satisfactory Provincial Government security check, including a Fingerprint Check, prior to assignment start. Please note that Marberg will reimburse for the cost of the security checks upon confirmation of assignment start and submission of approved expense receipts.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Additional satisfactory Background Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations, and Employment References as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 2072
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Accounting and Payroll, Clerical, Government
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 28.37
Date Updated 09/13/2023