Accounts Payable Supervisor for Provincial Government Agency client, downtown core Toronto location.
Marberg Job Number: 1372.
Job Type: Temporary, initial term ASAP to June 30, 2022, with possibility of extension.
Work Location: Onsite, at our client’s downtown core Toronto office on PATH and close to Union and GO Stations.
- Supervises, coaches and mentors team of AP Clerks.
- Leads and develops AP team to achieve performance objectives.
- Ensures AP processing activities completed in accordance with statutory and regulatory requirements, accounting best practices and organization policies.
- Monitors AP transactions for proper supporting documentation, approvals, accuracy and timeliness.
- Processes payments for vendor invoices, employee expense reports, corporate credit cards, etc.
- Reviews and validates AP transactions.
- Reconciles general ledger accounts relevant to AP functions.
- Monitors and reports on AP performance metrics.
- Identifies and addresses problems in accordance with accounting and organization policy and team leadership best practices.
- Ensures maintenance of strong AP documentation, systems, procedures, and controls; recommends and implements updates to policies and procedures as required.
- Builds and maintains strong working relationships with external and internal stakeholders, including vendors, auditors, government agencies, organization departments and colleagues.
- Additional responsibilities related to leading and developing an efficient, high performing Accounts Payable team.
Preferred Experience: At least 2+ years of Accounts Payable Supervisory experience, supervising a full cycle A/P team in a high volume environment within a large, complex public organization or company.
Leadership Qualities and Experience:
- Thorough understanding of team leadership principles and best practices from a corporate environment (e.g. a direct supervisory, acting or project responsibility) or other work, volunteer or academic experience.
- Takes responsibility for decisions, and maintains an overall record of respectful, ethical and professional conduct.
Technical Skills Requirements:
- Proficiency in MSOffice software, including Excel, Word and Outlook and accurate data entry skills.
- Expertise with full cycle of Accounts Payable (may be tested).
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Superior interpersonal skills: excellent listening and verbal and written communication skills; ability to oversee and work collaboratively with a team and liaise effectively with a diverse stakeholder group; able to provide and receive professional, effective feedback.
- Superior attention to detail, and organized, methodical approach to completion of tasks.
- Proven ability to respond to sensitive matters with tact, discretion, and excellent judgement. Demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the organization.
- Advanced organizational, coordinative and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize work effectively for self and others, meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Demonstrated successful experience of prioritizing work, making decisions and communicating with others within a values framework of respect, equity, anti-racism, diversity and inclusivity.
- Satisfactory Background Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations, Employment References and COVID Clearance as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Job ID: 1372
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Accounting and Payroll, Government
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 30
Date Updated 11/21/2021