Accounts Payable Specialist for provincial government agency client, downtown Toronto.
Marberg Job Number: 2003.
Job Type: Temporary.
Initial Term: ASAP for approximately 3 months, with potential for extension.
Compensation: $34.33 Per Hour.
Recommended Application Date: Immediately – please note that we are screening and shortlisting Candidates immediately and qualified applications may be contacted same day as date of application.
Regular Work Hours: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm not including 45 minutes unpaid lunch break, Monday to Friday (36.25 work hours per week).
Work Location: 100% onsite at Client’s downtown Toronto office, near Union and GO stations.
To administer invoice payment processes, compile support documentation for payment approvals, and provide additional budget analysis and reporting services for busy acquisitions department.
- Receive, record and process high volume of vendor invoices for payment within 30-day timeframe, according to established accounts payable policies and best practices.
- Review invoices to ensure consistency with approved quotes
- Track budget spend against approved quotes.
- Update accrual summaries.
- Track invoice payment status.
- Prepare status reports in accordance with key performance indicators.
- Additional payments administration and financial reporting responsibilities as required.
Education: Secondary School Diploma or equivalent.
Preferred Work Experience: At least 2+ years of high volume accounts payable experience.
Preferred Sector Experience: Experience from construction project or real estate environment an asset.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Advanced level MSExcel, including VLookup, XLookup and Pivot Table functions (will be tested).
- Strong data entry skills (will be tested).
- Strong arithmetic skills (will be tested).
- Proficient English communication skills, both written and verbal, including satisfactory business writing skills and professional telephone manners.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Punctual, responsible, and reliable. Demonstrated record of professional conduct and character.
- Focused and able to work effectively with minimal direction and supervision, to prioritize tasks effectively, and to manage volume targets and due dates.
Proven ability to professionally handle confidential information and exercise good judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Superior attention to detail, and organized, methodical approach to completion of tasks.
Demonstrated ability to work well independently and collaboratively, and liaise effectively with a wide and diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work both remotely and onsite as required, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment responsibilities prior to assignment start.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Satisfactory Background Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations, and Employment References.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 2003
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Accounting and Payroll, Government
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 34.33
Date Updated 10/25/2023