Accounts Payable Project Coordinator for provincial government client, downtown Toronto.
Marberg Job Number: 2132.
Job Type: Temporary.
Initial Term: December 4, 2023 to April 5, 2024, with possibility of extension.
Compensation: $25.25 per hour.
Recommended Application Date: Immediately – please note that we are screening and shortlisting Candidates immediately and qualified applications may be contacted same day as date of application.
Regular Work Hours: From 8:30 am to 4:45 pm, not including 1 hour unpaid lunch break, Monday to Friday (36.25 work hours per week).
Work Location: 100% onsite at client’s downtown office, near Union and GO Stations. Hybrid work option may be available later in the assignment, subject to client business needs.
To receive, review, log, and process high volume of invoices, liaising with vendors to investigate and resolve any discrepancies prior to submission for payment approval, and providing reports and analysis on large data sets in order to maintain and further develop operational processes.
- Manage day-to-day tracking of all invoices, requisitions, and status reports to ensure payment complies with vendor contract terms.
- Review and prepare reports on complex documents including Budget, Change Orders/Change Notices, Statements of Work, Work Orders, Retainer Agreements, etc.
- Update and reconcile large-scale invoice data, utilizing Oracle Unifier ERP system.
- Enter completed invoice data into invoice payment database, following established invoice payment protocols. Verify all required documentation is collected and accurate.
- Obtain and record internal approvals to move invoices through payment approval process.
- Summarize and provide information for reporting purposes and troubleshooting as required, including performing data mining activities and running data related queries. Identify and report any data anomalies.
- Additional accounts payable and data processing and reporting responsibilities as required.
Education: Post secondary degree or diploma in Business Administration, Accounting and Finance, Project Management, or related field.
Preferred Work Experience: Approximately 4 years of relevant business experience, with a focus on financial administration.
Preferred Sector Experience: High volume, large scale invoice processing environment preferred.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Advanced proficiency in MSExcel (will be tested), and general proficiency with MSOffice applications.
- Fast and accurate data entry skills (will be tested).
- Superior attention to detail (will be tested).
- Familiarity with Oracle Unifier preferred.
- Proficient English communication skills, both written and verbal, including strong business writing skills.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Experience coordinating financial and administrative services.
- Project coordination experience to monitor progress of projects for adherence to project requirements, specifications, timelines, and to achieve anticipated business results.
- Data cleansing and maintenance experience, including gathering, analyzing, following up on and updating database information to provided standards.
- Punctual, responsible, and reliable. Demonstrated record of professional conduct and character.
- Focused and able to work effectively with minimal direction and supervision, to prioritize tasks effectively, and to manage volume targets and due dates.
- Pleasant and courteous. Demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the organization.
- Proven ability to professionally handle confidential information and exercise good judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Demonstrated ability to apply project management principles, methodologies and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to work well both independently and collaboratively, and liaise effectively with a wide and diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work 100% onsite, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment responsibilities.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Satisfactory Background Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations, and Employment References.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 2132
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Accounting and Payroll, Government
Number Of Positions 2
Pay Rate 25.25
Date Updated 11/20/2023