Accounts Payable Associate required for provincial government office in downtown Toronto.
Job #: 794
Position type: Temporary full-time, 6 month contract
Compensation: $24 per hour depending on experience
• Provide timely accounts payable services (e.g. purchase orders, bursaries, employee expense claims, payroll payments), confirming documentation and oversight standards are met and services are completed in an accurately manner.
• Broad invoice responsibilities including preparation for payment, adhering to supporting documentation guidelines, completion of accurate coding, documentation submission to an online system and generation of reports for approval.
• Provide A/P information to vendors, suppliers and employees, establishing vendor and payment related data using finance database information.
• Ensure financial reporting (general ledgers and vendor file updates, accounts payable accuracy) and bookkeeping duties (weekly cheque run, database record, cheque preparation, signing and mailing) are completed in an precise and punctual fashion.
• Provide other related support and duties as required.
• Post-secondary education in accounting, business or a related field.
• 2-5 years accounts payable experience with the full accounts payable cycle.
• Experience working with computerized payroll systems and system upgrades including automation of A/P process flow.
• Knowledge of accounts payable operating standards and processes.
• Strong oral communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a team setting.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Please note that Marberg Staffing only accepts applications through Indeed.ca, LinkedIn and marberg.com.
Job ID: 794
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Accounting and Payroll, Government
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 24.68
Date Updated 08/05/2020