Accounts Payable Analyst for provincial government client, downtown Toronto.
Marberg Job Number: 1776.
Job Type: Temporary.
Initial Term: October 31, 2022 to March 31, 2022, with possibility of extension.
Compensation: $25.25 per hour.
Recommended Application Date: Immediately – please note that we are screening and shortlisting Candidates immediately and qualified applications may be contacted same day as date of application.
Regular Work Hours: 7.25 work hours per day, not including unpaid hour lunch break, to be worked during regular business hours, Monday to Friday (36.25 work hours per week). Additional paid hours may be required during peak periods.
Work Location: Hybrid – 3 days remote-based and 2 days onsite at client’s downtown core Toronto office, near TTC, Union and GO stations.
Provide invoice processing and accounts payable data management, analysis and reporting services in a high volume, deadline driven environment.
- Manage day-to-day tracking of all invoices, requisitions, and payments’ status to ensure payables compliance with vendor contract terms and established invoice payment protocols.
- Monitor incoming email, receive electronic invoices, and log invoice data into MSExcel based electronic intake system.
- Reach out to vendors to investigate and clarify missing data via email or phone. Verify completeness and accuracy of supporting documentation, and enter into Oracle/Unifier invoice payment database.
- Obtain and record internal approvals to move invoices through payment approval process.
- Assist with preparation, review and verification of payables documents including budgets, executive summaries, contracts, statements of work, work orders, retainer agreements, and related additional documents.
- Run payments related data queries, perform some data mining and statistical analysis of large data sets, and identify, report and correct data anomalies.
- Implement large scale Oracle transactions to accommodate errors or redistribution of cost centers, accounts or location codes.
- Provide input to develop and establish day-to-day operational payments procedures and processes in collaboration with other operational teams such as Legal or Finance.
- Additional invoice processing and accounts payable analyses and reporting activities as required.
Education: Post-secondary Certificate courses in Project Management, Degree or Diploma in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Preferred Work Experience: Approximately 4 years of financial administration work experience, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Advanced proficiency in MSExcel (will be tested).
- Fast and accurate typing and data entry skills (will be tested).
- Familiarity with Oracle and Unifier preferred.
- Proficient English communication skills, both written and verbal, including satisfactory business writing skills and professional phone manners.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Financial administration and project coordination experience.
- Data cleansing and maintenance experience, including gathering, analyzing, and updating database information.
- Demonstrated record of professional conduct and character. Responsible, reliable and works to deadlines.
- Pleasant and courteous: demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the organization.
- Superior attention to detail, and organized, methodical approach to completion of tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to apply project management principles, methodologies and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently, and collaboratively within a team, and liaise effectively with a wide and diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work both remotely and onsite as required, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Provision of certification of full COVID-19 vaccination series prior to assignment start.
- Satisfactory Background Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations, and Employment References.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 1776
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Accounting and Payroll, Government
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 25.25
Date Updated 10/14/2022