Accounts Payable Administrator for not-for-profit community services client, downtown Toronto.
Marberg Job Number: 2038.
Job Type: Temporary.
Initial Term: August 7, 2023 to August 7, 2024, including 11 week probationary period.
Compensation: $29.97 Per Hour.
Recommended Application Date: Immediately – please note that we are screening and shortlisting Candidates immediately and qualified applications may be contacted same day as date of application.
Regular Work Hours: FULL-TIME HOURS – 7.0 work hours per day, not including unpaid 1 hour lunch break, to be worked during regular business hours, Monday to Friday (35 work hours per week).
Work Location: 100% onsite at Client’s downtown Toronto office, near TTC station.
To process expenses on a timely basis, perform reconciliations of accounts, and aid in development of annual budget.
- Perform three-way matching: ensure purchases authorized; received; and validate invoices.
- Code, enter and validate expenses and prepare batches for payment.
- Reconcile payment batches to payment summary statements and address any payment processing issues.
- Prepare journal entries including accruals, adjustments, and corrections.
- Reconcile assigned balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
- Prepare accounts payable reports, including statistical information in support of budget development.
- Respond to internal and vendor payment inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Additional accounting and clerical administration responsibilities as required.
Education: Post Secondary Degree or Diploma in Accounting.
Preferred Work Experience: At least 2+ years of recent relevant experience in accounting.
Preferred Sector Experience: Not-for-Profit Sector or Public Sector experience an asset.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Proficiency in operating Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook (will be tested).
- Strong data entry skills (will be tested).
- Knowledge of full cycle Canadian Accounts Payable (will be tested).
- Familiarity with database and accounting software applications.
- Proficient English communication skills, both written and verbal, including satisfactory business writing skills and polished, professional telephone manners.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Punctual, responsible, and reliable. Demonstrated record of professional conduct and character.
- Proven ability to professionally handle confidential information and exercise good judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Superior attention to detail, and organized, methodical approach to completion of tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to work well both independently and collaboratively, and liaise effectively with a wide and diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work 100% onsite as required, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment responsibilities prior to assignment start.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Satisfactory Background Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations, and Employment References.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 2038
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Accounting and Payroll, Not for Profit
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 29.97
Date Updated 07/24/2023